What happens if there is INSUFFICIENT evidence of relationship??

akanawu

I applied alone because we had not decided to get married then, now six months down the line we have decided to tie the nut this May. We are not required to prove the 12 months relationship but we still need to prove that our relationship is genuine and continuing.

Hi Akanawu, I have been on that situation before. I applied my visa alone, but I'm already in a relationship at that time and haven't included him on my application because we are not on a de facto relationship instead were on a long distance relationship. While my application is on the process I marry him. After our wedding that's the time that my application had been allocated to a case officer. What I did, I emailed my case officer telling her change of status and filled up the form 1022. Then case officer asked for a evidence to prove how genuine and continuous our relationship are. What I submitted are the following:

1. almost 50 photos of the both of us and with families with captions and date.

2. our screen captures photos during our video chat on skype.

3. SMS history on my phone that we communicated each other every day.

4. Chat history in facebook.

5. Payment history of his internet bills account that I am the one paying it some of the time.

6. Records of our money remittances showing that I am sending money to him.

This joint statement was signed by both of us and our parents. And also husband was advised to undergone medical, submit PCC. That's all what we did and husband had been included to my application straight away.

The only difference on our situation is, while I'm already engage I don't have a co yet. So I don't bother myself to let the department knew the change of my status. I'll let the department know when I already married which is really important to let them know. And luckily on that time we have a co already allocated in my case.

But we don't get married just to be include him on my application, we never knew that this is impossible. Or maybe it will depend on your CO?. Our plan of getting married is for the reason that after I get my PR i can apply him for a spouse visa. But everything change that we really don't expect. And everything falls to quicker and much easier way.

Hi Akanawu, I have been on that situation before. I applied my visa alone, but I'm already in a relationship at that time and haven't included him on my application because we are not on a de facto relationship instead were on a long distance relationship. While my application is on the process I marry him. After our wedding that's the time that my application had been allocated to a case officer. What I did, I emailed my case officer telling her change of status and filled up the form 1022. Then case officer asked for a evidence to prove how genuine and continuous our relationship are. What I submitted are the following:

1. almost 50 photos of the both of us and with families with captions and date.

2. our screen captures photos during our video chat on skype.

3. SMS history on my phone that we communicated each other every day.

4. Chat history in facebook.

5. Payment history of his internet bills account that I am the one paying it some of the time.

6. Records of our money remittances showing that I am sending money to him.

This joint statement was signed by both of us and our parents. And also husband was advised to undergone medical, submit PCC. That's all what we did and husband had been included to my application straight away.

The only difference on our situation is, while I'm already engage I don't have a co yet. So I don't bother myself to let the department knew the change of my status. I'll let the department know when I already married which is really important to let them know. And luckily on that time we have a co already allocated in my case.

But we don't get married just to be include him on my application, we never knew that this is impossible. Or maybe it will depend on your CO?. Our plan of getting married is for the reason that after I get my PR i can apply him for a spouse visa. But everything change that we really don't expect. And everything falls to quicker and much easier way.

Thanks for this informative post, I have already notified my CO by submitting form 1022 and she replied me thus:

I note that you have submitted Form 1022 advising that you are now engaged, congratulations!

1 Please advise if you wish to include your spouse as a migrating applicant or if she will not be migrating at the same time with you (if not migrating with you please state reasons).

2 If you wish to include your spouse in your visa application as a migrating family member/dependent, you are required to submit the following information:

- evidence of relationship/cohabitation – utility bills, lease agreements, evidence of correspondence being sent to both yourself and your spouse at the same address covering the 12 months prior to the date of DIAC invitation to apply for your SI-189 visa;

- your spouse’s passport bio-date page;

- your spouse’s birth certificate;

- your spouse's fully completed Form 80;

- your spouse's signed Form 1281;

- evidence of your spouse's Functional English or advise if you wish to pay the VAC2 for her English tuition;

- your spouse’s Police clearance certificates;

- your spouse’s medicals.

3 If your spouse will not be migrating at the same time with you she must still be added to your visa application as a non-migrating family member/dependent, you are therefore required to only submit the following information:

- your spouse's passport bio-data page;

I have already replied, advising that I would like to include my OH as a migrating family member

Thanks for this informative post, I have already notified my CO by submitting form 1022 and she replied me thus:

I note that you have submitted Form 1022 advising that you are now engaged, congratulations!

1 Please advise if you wish to include your spouse as a migrating applicant or if she will not be migrating at the same time with you (if not migrating with you please state reasons).

2 If you wish to include your spouse in your visa application as a migrating family member/dependent, you are required to submit the following information:

- evidence of relationship/cohabitation – utility bills, lease agreements, evidence of correspondence being sent to both yourself and your spouse at the same address covering the 12 months prior to the date of DIAC invitation to apply for your SI-189 visa;

- your spouse’s passport bio-date page;

- your spouse’s birth certificate;

- your spouse's signed Form 1281;

- evidence of your spouse's Functional English or advise if you wish to pay the VAC2 for her English tuition;

3 If your spouse will not be migrating at the same time with you she must still be added to your visa application as a non-migrating family member/dependent, you are therefore required to only submit the following information:

- your spouse's passport bio-data page;

I have already replied, advising that I would like to include my OH as a migrating family member

So have you already submitted all the documents of your fiance needed by your co?

So have you already submitted all the documents of your fiance needed by your co?

Not yet, I am still working on the documentation presently. She did her Medicals today, PCC will follow next week. After that, I will upload all the documents. I simply mailed her to state option I chose while I work on the required documents.

• 2 months later...

Archived