DOes anyone know anything about Oz contracts

hubbert0403

Was recently interviewed for job as PA/ admin assistance, but the day I started they told me the payroll girl has resigned and it was all pumps to the deck so my main priority was to learn payroll. Having never done anything like this I said I would give it a go.

after the first day I realised my job was now going to be payroll and accounts! I was given my contract, which stated job as admin assistant, with 2 job descriptions attached one was for admin assistant- payroll, the other admin assistant- accounts. I voiced my concerns but was advised that the job would involve. Payroll until they got someone else in.

then right under my nose they are interviewing for PA????

to top it off my contract has been contested by the existing payroll lady, I am to do 3 months with no leave or sick accruing, followed by another 3 months of the same and then a permanent position.

i waited all week for the manager to tell me that my contract was wrong and she has not, I think she is going to wait until existing payroll lady leaves and not so anything to me.

although I signed it, silly but thought that's what happened here, it is not an issue.

any help so I can confront the manager over everything would be helpful

Archived