Partner visa - envelopes as evidence of address

KidA

Hi everyone,

I'm currently putting together my application for a partner visa and it's almost ready to go. I've seen a few threads where people have advised to send envelopes in with the visa application as these are stamped and can be used as proof of address. It didn't occur to me until recently to keep anything like that. We have heaps of proof of address - leases, bank statements, invoices, tax documentation, mobile phone bills, etc, which all have the address on the documents. Should this be ok? We haven't kept much in the way of invitations (most event invitations go through facebook) or cards or anything. Just a couple of postcards addressed to my partner to our previous address which mention me in them. We do have other evidence of a shared life together - joint holidays, photos, 5 strong statutory declarations from friends, joint financial commitments, etc. I've just never seen the need to keep envelopes and it didn't occur to me until recently.

Your supporting evidence should be fine. I'd sooner send the actual documents showing the bills and so on that just the envelopes. The bills show you sharing payments, named on policies and leases and so on. Putting you both together as a couple.

Archived