189 VISA, doubts

asha

:arghh:

Hi friends.

i am very much new to this blog.I have lodged for 189 visa on 8th march 2013.I have lodged by myself,So I am a bit tensed about the same.I need few clarifications regarding the same.

1. what all documents do we need to attach apart from the recommended checklist?Do we have to upload form 80?Photos ?

2. can I do my medicals before I get allocated to CO?

3. I am in India aright now and will be moving to Australia on 2nd April on 457 visa.Will my visa get affected by lodging 189?

4.While I was lodging I could not open the values and life in Australia booklet bcoz of which i have not confirmed with the statements.Will that affect my visa?

5. what is the time frame to get the visa?

6.Do they call the previous employer?

kindly answer these questions.Am so much worried as I had done by myself

Thanking you in anticipation

Asha

:arghh:

Hi friends.

i am very much new to this blog.I have lodged for 189 visa on 8th march 2013.I have lodged by myself,So I am a bit tensed about the same.I need few clarifications regarding the same.

1. what all documents do we need to attach apart from the recommended checklist?Do we have to upload form 80?Photos ?

All the docs needed to prove your Points you claimed + meds + pcc + dependent eng proof.

2. can I do my medicals before I get allocated to CO?

Yes

3. I am in India aright now and will be moving to Australia on 2nd April on 457 visa.Will my visa get affected by lodging 189?

Should not be.. only when 189 is approved then 457 would be cancelled.

4.While I was lodging I could not open the values and life in Australia booklet bcoz of which i have not confirmed with the statements.Will that affect my visa?

not sure.. should not

5. what is the time frame to get the visa?

check my timeline.. its kind of average timeline. Though you can expect CO allocation to be faster as during my time it was effect of Dec holidays + big number of applications.

6.Do they call the previous employer?

If you are onshore they might. If not then they should not - they generally get this checked through consultants and purpose of check is not shown. so no worries if you are genuine.

kindly answer these questions.Am so much worried as I had done by myself

Thanking you in anticipation

Asha

Best of luck ... ans in Bold above..