Job Prospects?

Simonrbh

Hi Everyone

I'm waiting for my Partner Migration application (should be Oct '13) and we will be moving to Brisbane, QLD when we have everything sorted. My background is as a Production Team Leader/Scheduler for a Global FMCG company. In one of the restructuring exercises 3 years a go I got offered redundancy or to move to a much lesser, unrelated position, which is the option I took, so my CV has taken a hit due to this!

I'm interested to know the job market for Team Leader/First Line Manager positions in the manufacturing sector around the Brisbane area. I'd like get a position with a major manufacturing company if possible, my company do not have any openings unless you are a graduate, in a senior position and even then it's not guaranteed. Can anyone tell me how things currently are as I've read that manufacturing is struggling due to the high value of AUS $?

My partner is an Australian citizen and a highly experienced vet and we are looking to settle within one hour of Brisbane CBD. If job prospects are poor then we will look at a different state or area although my g/f's family are all in QLD.

I'm concerned of a 'out of the frying pan and into the fire' scenario happening and ending up in role wih no prospects again.

Guest chris955

The work situation in Brisbane isnt good and in manufacturing even more so. As you say the high dollar is hitting that sector hard but that may change in the future.

Archived