What happens when you select different visa categories on your EOI?

Chall77

I'm ready to fill my EOI in and just wondered if any one could tell me what happens when you select more than one sub class? I am guessing I will only be invited to apply for one visa type and in which case, should I make sure I go for the 190 over a 489 as it will offer me more employment options if I'm successful? I have 70 points for the 190 and 75 if I go for the 489. Any help would be very much appreciated so thanks in advance.

Yes you will only get 1 invitation, if you want the 190 then wait until you secure your state sponsorship then submit your EOI. That way your invitation should come pretty soon after the EOI goes in, the number of points doesn't matter as long as you clear 60. I'm not sure how the 489 works and if you submit your EOI with both on before getting your SS whether you may get your 489 invite while you're waiting.

Also the 190 has the advantages of permanent residency from the off.

Thanks for the reply gbuss. Can I ask what order I should do things in please? It might sound daft but I was under the impression I had to submit my EOI before WA SS? My skills check is due back any day and I will clear 60 points (presuming it's confirmed!) but I thought I had to do EOI first. If that's the case, I will only put a 190 down which is obviously preferable.

Thanks again bud.

You can fill out your EOI at any time, it will stay dormant until such time you meet all the criteria for being considered for an invitation. If you choose to go down the 190 route for starters but want to add 489 later for any reason, then I believe you can go back in and change it.

From memory I filled out my EOI the same day I submitted my SS application. I don't think there's a rule that states you need to do them in any particular order, at least I didn't with Tas SS. The EOI isn't rocket science and doesn't take long to do.

Thanks loads for the help with this. I have started the EOI and the minute I get my get my skills check back it will be submitted along with WA SS but I'm pretty sure I need to wait until I get my EOI number for that. Thanks once again. There's some great advice to be found on here!

Archived