Work Requirements for ACT Visa 190

onmywaytohappiness

Hi there

I am looking for some advice. I have been granted a state sponsored visa with ACT (Visa 190). One of the requirements of the visa is to live and work in Canberra 2 years. We will moving in May this year and intend to live in Canberra for at least 2 years. I have the opportunity to follow up on a job offer which would mean working 2-3 days from home in Canberra and 2-3 days working around Australia on different projects. As such the company doesn't have any offices in Canberra itself. The question is does this fulfill the requirements under the ACT Visa 190 that I have been granted, or do I need to find employment and work in Canberra itself.

Any advice most welcome

Thanks

ACT govt just checks if you are parmanently residing in Canberra/physical address in canberra. It wont harp you if you do some of your jobs in Canberra & some outside.

Hi there

I am looking for some advice. I have been granted a state sponsored visa with ACT (Visa 190). One of the requirements of the visa is to live and work in Canberra 2 years. We will moving in May this year and intend to live in Canberra for at least 2 years. I have the opportunity to follow up on a job offer which would mean working 2-3 days from home in Canberra and 2-3 days working around Australia on different projects. As such the company doesn't have any offices in Canberra itself. The question is does this fulfill the requirements under the ACT Visa 190 that I have been granted, or do I need to find employment and work in Canberra itself.

Any advice most welcome

Thanks

Hi there, my ACT Settlement Officer has been very responsive and helpful, PM me if you would like to write to her for clarification. In my opinion I believe it is fine, as long as your permanent address is in the ACT and if you have children, that they attend a school within the state.

Congrats on finding a job even before you arrive! May I ask which industry you are in? I'm in financial services and am finding it a challenge locating possible vacancies.

Have you short listed some suburbs where you'd like to live?

Hi there, my ACT Settlement Officer has been very responsive and helpful, PM me if you would like to write to her for clarification. In my opinion I believe it is fine, as long as your permanent address is in the ACT and if you have children, that they attend a school within the state.

Congrats on finding a job even before you arrive! May I ask which industry you are in? I'm in financial services and am finding it a challenge locating possible vacancies.

Have you short listed some suburbs where you'd like to live?

Must say, thanks :)