309 offshore visa London office

kirkhoffmann

Hi everyone first time on here, so bare with me please.

Have a question about our application, my wife is an australian citizen and we applied for partners visa in september, was informed my daughter and i were to go for medicals after 3 months and police checks after 3 months, done both and all ok so sent of police checks and medicals sent electronically.

My daughter and i are british citizens

I received an email shortly after saying this from my CO

i now have all the documents i require from you at this stage of processing.

Processing times currently approx 9 months from application lodgement.

You may travel to Australia on an appropriate alternative visa while processing of this visa continues.

If you are inside australia when im ready to grant the visa i will email you requesting that you leave for a minimum of 3 working days to allow the visa grant to be reflected in our systems. I will email you the grant letter, you may then re enter australia.

I am just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar email as i dont know if this means it is looking like its going to be granted or if she still has more to do.

Kirk

All good. Basically its all done bar the final approval.

If you want to head out to Aus now on a tourist visa you can do so but will both need to go off shore when your visa is granted so it can be valid. You would need to inform your CO if you do this so they know to contact you in time for you to arrange to go offshore.

That is the actual grant of the visa.

The letter tells you you are welcome to head to Aus if you wish on another visa (tourist) but that you (and your daughter as she has applied also) will have to leave the country for 3 days when the visa is actually granted. Your CO will email you your grant letter. You just need to inform your CO if you decide to head to Aus on a tourist visa and they will let you know and co ordinate with you so you can head out of Aus for 3 working days.

The letter says they need nothing more from you. Its all there and pretty self explanatory.

ETA - If your grant time is not due for a few more months make sure you have enough time on your tourist visa is all. I plan to go over on a 3 month visa around 6-8 weeks before my visa is due to be granted.

Edited by Guest

Thanks, kind of thought that it seems all approved just didnt want to get my hopes up too much. My inlaws are there just now too and dying for us to get over there, thay are missing there grandaughter, well going by the times looks like june should be the time its approved, maybe think about getting organised april,may timeas fights get dearer after june also.

Just a thought but could your daughter have not gotten Aus citizenship by descent? Would not have had to get a visa then.

Our son (my husband is the Aussie) had his by the time he was a couple of months old (he was born in the UK). Therefore I am the only person needing a visa to live in Aus.

Guest GeorgeD

It looks like your CO is happy with everything. If they need more info they generally ask for it pretty early on. Did you send lots of evidence? Joint bills, mortage/lease, utility bills in each name, etc...if you did this then they really don't need much more.

Finalising your visa is basically granting it. As an Offshore applicant you need to be anywhere in the world except Australia at time of grant. You don't need to be in the UK. You don't need a visa label in your passport, so as long as you are out when it is granted you can fly straight back in from wherever you are. Your daughter will need to be offshore too at grant time.

COs sometimes answer questions about when they will grant. If you are getting close to the published timescale for processing they can give you a better idea, but if it is still a while away the bst you will get is they will tell you to contact them again nearer the time. There's no harm in asking...but don't be surpirsed if they can't give you an exact date yet. They usually stick to the published timescale...so there may be a week or two of variation either way, but don't anticipate getting it granted a couple of months early, it just doesn't work like that unfortunately

Yeah we gave them bills, bank statements our marriage details car ownership and insurance, statements from people and us, photos of when we started dating and holidays etc, flight tickets for holidays all that kind of stuff. She did ask for me to fill in one more part of form i missed out and then confirm daughter was coming on my visa then she sent back statements and photos and bills etc less than a month after receiving application, that was what was worrying me it all seemed to be going very easy and quickly at start then 3 months later medicals and police checks where sent to her and then got that email, dont know if it was just because it is clear we are a solid family unit that and been together and married with kids that it is going smoothly or if its like that for everyone, just always hear the dreaded stories of how difficult these applications are and ours seems to be very smooth. In no great hurry to get over except my wife is expecting our second child in august, so would like to be over mid june so we can have it there, that will be 10 months after our application started so hoping will it will be through by then.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far you have been great, hope its always like this.

It's 8-9 months currently for a spouse visa. I'm not sure that the wait time for Sept applications is much shorter. I'd have to check the spreadsheet to see which month of application are currently being granted. You may be lucky and the Sept crew are not far off.

You may need to research at what point airlines will not let your wife fly in pregnancy. If your visa is granted a couple of months before her due date it is cutting it fine with flights etc.

Guest GeorgeD
Does that mean 8 or 9 months from now or from September last year? Yeah she is going to speak to Emirates next week about flying. Are you able to do that snifter is it public or is it just something you can find out that would be an amazing thing to get a heads up on :)

The timescale is always from point of application. Sometimes it changes, but go by the one you were told when you applied. If you ever ask Australia House, they will tell you the current processing time...this isn't necessarily yours..it's the procesing time if you applied today....so go by what you were originally told. There is a spreadsheet somewhere...have a look on this thread for it http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html start at the last pages and go back,...there's a link somewhere to the spreadsheet. It's public, not locked.

You hear problems with people's applications of the spouse visa becuase they have unusual circumstances or they didn't send enough evidence. If you send lots of official stuff going back a while then your CO really has no reason to contact you other than tell you they you are your CO, then some months later that you've got your visa. If there was a problem with your evidence they would've contacted you by now, so it really is just a waiting game.

Does your CO know your wife is pregnant? If your wife can't fly then she will be outside of Oz when the babay is born...and then your new child will need to be added to your visa or get a visa of their own, etc...if they can grant you on the earlier side of the processing time and that would help streamline all of theat, then there's no reason for them not it...as long as they know about your situation.

Thanks very much for that George, had a look and typed in our details looking worst case would be start of June to be granted, I emailed V my CO start of January to let her know Emma was pregnant again, i think it best we speak to Emirates and find out the latest she can fly out and if its going to be a problem, I think i might maybe email her again and see if there is anything that can be done. Dont want to pester or annoy her i am sure there are people in similar situations.

Edited by snifter
Removed case officer name

They don't tend to budge dates for this sort of thing. It does say clearly in the email they send and explains about the time frame and so on.

It may well be your wife goes out to Aus a few weeks ahead of you or you all go over a bit sooner, you and your daughter on tourist visas and then go offshore when the visas are granted for you both. You would need to inform your CO (please don't name them on the forum, only use initials) if you do this so they can co ordinate with you the grant time and let you arrange to go offshore.

Go back and read your first contact email and PDF again. All the info on grant times and so on is in there.

Emirates have all the info on pregnancy and flying with their airline on their website. Scroll down the page to read it and download the PDF etc.

f you are pregnant and plan to travel once you have entered your 29th week of pregnancy, a medical certificate or letter signed by an appropriately qualified doctor or midwife is required, stating:

• the confirmation of a singleton or multiple pregnancy
  • the pregnancy is progressing without complications
  • the estimated date of delivery
  • that you are in good health
  • that there is no reason known to them that would prevent you from flying

Please note that if you choose not to carry a medical certificate, you may not be accepted for travel if there is any doubt about your ability to complete the journey safely.

If yours is a multiple pregnancy, no air travel is permitted after the 32nd week of gestation. For single pregnancies, travel after the 36th week of gestation will be permitted only after prior clearance is granted by the Emirates medical department. A medical information form (MEDIF) will need to be submitted for clearance purposes.

Thought should be given to whether the medical facilities at your destination country are adequate to cope with any problems which may arise. Sufficient travel insurance is strongly recommended in case of preterm labour abroad. It is wise to avoid travelling to remote locations whilst pregnant.

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan_book/essential_information/health_and_travel/before_you_leave.aspx

Sorry about the naming thing was not aware of that and didnt really mean it either. Thanks again for the info snifter, also seen other thread on this about this visa in particular might start in there. We are heading out to Perth, going to Duncraig. Weare currently in Edinburgh and you all know how poor scottish weather is lol