Curtin?

thekeans

Hi, I have been doing a bit of research for our state sponsorship application and like the look of Curtin. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of living there, what its like, how far to city, public transport links etc.

Have had a quick look at schools and like Curtin Primary and Holy Trinity as a high school, Again any opinions on both would be very welcome.

One other question Im a bit confused by the entry system into school I have googled and still slightly stumped. Could someone explain in plain english.

I have one daughter who will be 9 in November so goes into year 4 in England in Sept. We will be hoping to go out, all being well in the Nov of next year so she would be just 10. What year would she start in the aussy system? Also my son is 6 this september so going into year 1 this september. So again next Nov he will be 7 so what year would he start in?

My toddler is 2 this May so I know she wont start full time school till the year she turns 6, but what playgroup/ preschooling would she get before this time?

Thanks alot for reading :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have no experience of either, I'm afraid, but we used to live near Curtin. It's a lovely area, very easy to get to the city (10-15 mins), and expensive housing. The 3 year old up the road from us goes to a preschool thing at the Kidstart near us, so that might be something to consider. Other people will give you better info on the school system!