189 or 190?

rossendale

Having spent what seems like a lifetime making sense of the migration process there is one question no forum or government site can clarify; 189 or 190???

I can apply for both but need to know which is more likely to get me residency.

I know having a nomination shortens the process but does it also give the edge with regards to application success?

Please,please help !

Hey Rossendale... top place to come from... you deserve an instant Visa with that Username ;)

Both Visa's offer the PR... so if you get state sponsorship, then go with the 190 (provided you have the points???), as I think the approval on that one is quicker....

You can put in EOI in and select the options to be considered for both... whichever then comes first 190 if you get SS or 189 if you don't, you can apply for.. does that make sense????

Chris

Thanks for quick reply!

The waiting time for Victoria ss is currently 12 weeks.

DIAC waiting time for 189 12month.

DIAC waiting time for 190 6months.

I think I need to clarify whether it's worth the extra paperwork applying for 190 when the 189 will give me exactly the same

chance of success.

Whilst that's the time being quoted on DIAC site, reading the forums most people get the 189 Visa granted within 2-3 months of being allocated a case officer (which will be within 10 weeks)... so, theoretically, a 189 could have you there in less than 6 months.... If you do go for the 189, try and get at least 65 points, as it appears that 65 pointers automatically get an offer in the next round and 60 pointers have to fight it out (but i could be wrong on that)...

Chris

I've exactly the same dilemma - but I saw somewhere on the site the 189 is quicker because you don't have to wait for state sponsorship. I've got 70 points if I go for state sponsorship 190 or 65 for a 189. Still waiting for my skills assessment from the AIR though so can't apply for either yet :confused:

Good luck... I just got in 2 days before my 45th birthday, otherwise I'd have been down to 50 and been very depressed..

Another Valley lad(?)... out into the big wide world...

Chris

Now that's really useful.

With a successful IELTS, AITSL assessment and an invite before 26th November (40th birthday)

I will have 70 points.

And I hail from Co Mayo!

so you went one way over the water and me the other.... plenty of Mayo people in Rossendale... In fact a good Irish contingency all round and some crakin music sessions (or at least there was when i was there).....

and good luck with the IELTS...

so you went one way over the water and me the other.... plenty of Mayo people in Rossendale... In fact a good Irish contingency all round and some crakin music sessions (or at least there was when i was there).....

and good luck with the IELTS...

You're not wrong there!

Thanks for help