agents

Guest davecon

Guest davecon

Hi all

can anyone give me some info on which agents to use, costs ect. is it worthwile using an agent?

thanks

dave

Guest Heathertoes

Shop around is my main bit of advice!!

Their fees can vary hugely as can their expertise!! Make sure they are registered to the appropriate Migration body. Some offer an initial free consultation.

It depends on how straight forward your case is and how competant you feel at filling in forms.

We have used an agent (can't recommend them though!) and with hindsight we could have got through without them. And we would be nearly £3k the richer if we hadn't - that's a very sickening thought. :x Other agents are cheaper - we went with one who had been recommended to us by a friend.

Just trawl the internet and the various migration web sites and just gather as much info as you can before jumping in with both feet.

Hope this helps

You must be well excited as you should be hearing any day now :) Where you relocating to? we are off to Melbourne on 19 feb 2006 with a month in Thailand on route, counting the days :P:P:P

• 2 weeks later...

We have used an agent from London but now feel that we should of gone it alone. Dont feel that they earned there 3K!! They changed our agent half way through too and sacked our original one!!. Good luck.

Application lodged June 05

Medicals next month

Hopefully leaving March 06

Guest basiltherat

Hi

Just started process and have contacted The Emigration Group. They seem pretty efficient . Has anybody else used them? Would appreciate feedback.

There seems to be so many companies offering services that your head starts to spin. i am a Chartered accountant. (CIPFA) anybody else ou there who has gone through job assessment yet? Were qualifications recognised.

• 1 month later...
Guest jocky boy

Hi

we used an emmigration agent up here in edinburgh they have companys all over the country they are http://www.visa-go.com i would advise them to anyone. worth giving them a bell.

my girlfriends niece is an accountant she got in with them she went to perth, thats where we are going.

we payed just under 3k as well.

good luck on everything.

john/beth

Archived