Bed&Breakfast in Sydney?

Stellathedog

Hi, Can anyone help with suggestions for a nice bed and breakfast in Sydney?

My husband and I(from UK) are meeting up with my brother and his wife (from USA) and need somewhere fairly central to do the tourist bits for a few days, before we venture to the Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley.

My daughter and her family live in the Drummoyne area, but don't have room to put us all up, but we still want to be fairly close to them.

I have googled this, but the number of places and the variation in prices is mind boggling!

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Cheers Pam:SLEEP:

Thanks to you both for your replies.

I have looked at the Waldorf apartments, but unless we have an apartment each, we are sharing a bathroom, and much as I am looking forward to seeing my brother, that is one step too far!!

The McLaren looks good, definitely in the mix now.

Thanks again!

Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel

It's a really old sandstone building in the Rocks, right in the heart of tourist Sydney. Great old pub downstairs (that brews its own beer), really quite nice rooms upstairs, bags of history which always goes down well with Americans IME. Right opposite Observatory Hill and a very short stroll down through Argyle Cut to George St and Circular Quay

http://www.lordnelsonbrewery.com/index.html

Thanks to you both for your replies.

I have looked at the Waldorf apartments, but unless we have an apartment each, we are sharing a bathroom, and much as I am looking forward to seeing my brother, that is one step too far!!

The McLaren looks good, definitely in the mix now.

Thanks again!

You're welcome!it was recommended to used only fair to pass it on. We had picked up our rental car by the time we stayed here and they have parking at the hotel which made life a lot easier. We used this as a base to explore by car, having stayed near wynyard station for a few nights before hand. We felt the mclaren was good value for money.

Archived