457 visa is being processed soon...but just wondering

newtothis

does it work the same as PR visa? My partner has 18 months post qualification experience, all relevant to the job and the migration lawyer hasn't come back with any queries so far, but I suppose i'm having a mini panic...PR is 3 years post qualification experience for a chef. Cant see anywhere it says this for the 457 visa???

Lawyer has all our documents, certificates and most references... i'm presuming by now they'd have picked up on a potential problem.

Because the 457 visa is a temporary residence visa the requirements are considerably lower than for any of the permanent residency visas. unless working in a school or health care setting you are unlikely to need a medical for example, yet this would be compulsory for a permanent visa. Things like skills assessment and working duration post qualification are also more flexible on the 457. I would possibly suggest that no news is good news...

Because the 457 visa is a temporary residence visa the requirements are considerably lower than for any of the permanent residency visas. unless working in a school or health care setting you are unlikely to need a medical for example, yet this would be compulsory for a permanent visa. Things like skills assessment and working duration post qualification are also more flexible on the 457. I would possibly suggest that no news is good news...

that would be my thinking...just hoping with everything crossed its not a problem!

Archived