Help!Help!Help!Require plumbing work in Queensland

Guest GRAEME AND CATHY

Guest GRAEME AND CATHY

HI all,

Can anyone out there help with any advice on plumbing employment? Moving to Queensland at end of April and really do require employment asap.20 Years experince in the trade and have city % guilds and excellent references . Very experienced in domestic , commercial and industrial pipe work .

Guest Laura G

Hi Guy,

We live on the Gold Coast, husband is a City & Guilds Plumber, we have been here 2 years.

You need to apply for a license in order to work, City & Guilds is not recognised by the licensing authority, so you will only be given a Temporary license, which allows you to work under the supervsion of another fully licensed Plumber. You also have to get a 'Blue Card' (Health & Safety course) before anyone will employ you. It's a 1 day course.

In order to receive a Full license you have to go back to College and study again. My Husband is doing the assessments now!!!!

There is plenty of work available on the Gold Coast, it's just at the beginning you probably will need to work for a Company because of licensing, and they do things differently here, My Hubby says the UK way is more technical, but you do need to get onsite and see how they work here as it is slightly different although in his words 'it's a piece of p*ss'

Laura

Guest GRAEME AND CATHY

Thanks For Your Advice Really Appreciate It Laura .we Havnt Really A Clue What Where Actually Going To Do When We Get There .everything Is So New And Frightening .

Guest Packard Gang

Aye up Graeme before you go to oz could you come to my house and service the s/h boiler ha ha see you soon ( i'll sort the derby/notts meet asap) Guy

• 2 weeks later...

thanks good clear advice,Im also a plumber just sent off my first payment to agent.

Fingers crossed will be there soon.

How easy is it to get the licence and blue card.

Guest wannabinoz

I to am hoping to come to oz in 09 and am wondering how long you have to re-train for and is it done as an evening course?

Also i have read quite a lot of negative comments regards plumbing in oz? Does anybody have any positive experiance?

If not i am also considering re-training in something else, does anyone have any suggestions? What is well payed?(the million dollar question)

Cheers Adam

Archived