Vetassess!!!!!!! Help!!!

chrishardy

Hi all, Im a 25 year old plumber and hoping to apply for a state sponsored 190 permanent visa, it's been a while since I've been on here but me and my fiancé have decided to finally start the visa process, I've today applied for my IELTS test and I am pondering using an agent, I'm hoping to apply for the Vetassess myself and use an agent for everything else if this is possible, I'm doing this as it seems very expensive for someone to fill out an application to get my skills assessed?!? Am i being very naive to think this Or if not can anyone give me any advice on how to apply for Vetassess??

Cheers,

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chris,

To be honest mate I would try to do the lot. I've just had ours granted and we did everything ourselves VETASSESS, EOI, State Sponsorship, Visa Application. VETASSESS is easy to apply for.

If you get a bit stuck further down the line you can always use an agent at that stage if you are more comfortable. I believe 'Go Matida' are pretty good.

We just thought that paying up to £2.5K for someone to fill forms in with the information you give them was a bit much. There are always people on here who are more than happy to help if you are unsure.

Although it was quite involved and you are always hoping you have got it right it is so much more straightforward than it used to be. So long as you give good clear information and just go from stage to stage I don't think you can go wrong.

Hope That Helps

Kev

Hi Chris

I would start here buddy. http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_to_australia/assess_my_trade_skills.cfm

Plumbers are still on for the permanent migration. Start with the online application towards the bottom of the page. You will have to do a practical test but they are normally at a technical college somewhere at a weekend.

Good Luck

Kev

Guest scrumpy

Cant help you with applying as Ive gone threw an agent, however Ive done the plumbing vetassess and its a piece of p*ss!!!

The hardest part is paying for it, if you want any info on what you gota do, let me know,

Cheers

Guest scrumpy
Cheers Scrumpy, do you know how often they are and is it just one full day doing practical assessments??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had to goto North London, turned up at 8am Saturday morning, expecting an intense 8hours, but was gone by 11am, and I think that cost about £1400.00!!!

If you are a plumber you will PASS, however they do ask a few questions about septic tanks, and sprinkler (fire) systems, which tbh you can blag, the examiner just wants to get out of there and go home, he will hint you in correct direction,

The practical was fit WC, basin, stub stack, connect to an imaginary boiler, plastic push-fit waste and end feed copper fittings and tube. A tiny bit of screwed iron work to an imaginary gas meter, simples too simples!!!

I didnt bother taking any tools and just used the usuall crappy college ones, I went by coach n train n underground so couldnt be botherd

Its a proper load of b*llocks really

Archived