Ordering Telestra sim online, shipping to rural Tasmania.

saren

I want to order a prepaid Telestra sim card online, see below, but the shipping address i have is not serviced by mail delivery (according to the owner of the house), however the Telestra website still accepted it, my question is if Telestra sends it, will i still be able to pick it up at least at the nearest post office, it is a regional part of Tasmania. i will save 50% by buying it online, instead of at a telestra shop. I'm thinking since the address is accepted by Telestra's system, it should be ok to send it, and the local area which doesn't have door to door mail delivery will just store i at the nearest post office, until I pick it up (they'll have my number). It would have been easier if Telestra ships these cards to post boxes, which the owner of the house has, but alas they don't so just wondering if i should bother with the online purchase, or just pay double and buy it from a shop in person.

https://onlineshop.telstra.com.au/prepaid-mobile/explore

If your property is not serviced by a delivery , you pick up at the post office/local shop/servo in the township you are living in.

Theres a few places in Tas, that do not have mail deliveries, its fairly common in out of town locations, and we have always found our mail to be safe this way.

You can pay for a PO Box at your local shop/post office, and that way you can get access to your mail at anytime, not just during shop opening times, which can be a pain sometimes.