North Queensland to Bunbury?

Hi guys, first post on PiO and there is a lot of good information in here.

I would like to ask for any fellow ex pats, living in or around Bunbury, for their general opinion of the area.

My wife and I have been looking at relocating to Bunbury with our 2 young children, for a lifestyle change...

From what I can gather Bunbury is a large regional city and is growing quite well, but it still has a relaxed lifestyle. There also seems to be a number of job opportunities around the region and the house prices are great compared to where I am at the moment and from some of the posts it's a family orientated city.

I would be interested in anyones opinion of the area, especially if you have lived elsewhere in Australia, because lets face it "life's all

about perspective"

:biggrin:

Cheers, Yorkshire Skippy.

Hi there, we have been here since the last days of September. Was an area I knew well from preivious backpacking and holidays etc. Lots of skilled work around though very little office type jobs for the ladies. It is a very familly type place and we love it here I will be honest. Its around two hours into Perth or you can park and ride at Mandurah and train into the city centre. We moved into a rental within a few days of being here in the north end of town overlooking the sea. After Alice springs where 420 gets you a unit, 330 for a 3 bed house seems very resonable. Good luck if you make the move, any specific info you need just ask.

Hi there, we have been here since the last days of September. Was an area I knew well from preivious backpacking and holidays etc. Lots of skilled work around though very little office type jobs for the ladies. It is a very familly type place and we love it here I will be honest. Its around two hours into Perth or you can park and ride at Mandurah and train into the city centre. We moved into a rental within a few days of being here in the north end of town overlooking the sea. After Alice springs where 420 gets you a unit, 330 for a 3 bed house seems very resonable. Good luck if you make the move, any specific info you need just ask.

Thanks Sussex Boy,

The general house prices look great compared to North Queensland, once we get a decent opportunity we will get things rolling.

Once we get to the nitty gritty I may take you up on a more specific question, Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Busselton is beautifull and one of the reasons I wanted to move to this area, not busy workwise and a 50km commute to Bunbury, Dalyelup is home to a lot of fly in and fly out wifes, small ish blocks, a lot of building still going on and house prices approx $100 ish dollars more than the rest of town. Have a drive around before choosing where to live. Good luck with the move.

Archived