Tax file number

cki2011

Hello

We are going to Perth in Feb for a month to validate our visa and I am going to be looking for a job while we are there with the intention if i can secure a job i would stay and the misses would come back after the month to sell/rent our house out in the uk and come back out. I know I need a tax file number to be paid but my question is if I get my tax number and don't secure a suitable job and we come back would it affect anything and is the number for life so I can use it when we moved out to oz later this year.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Dave

Hello

We are going to Perth in Feb for a month to validate our visa and I am going to be looking for a job while we are there with the intention if i can secure a job i would stay and the misses would come back after the month to sell/rent our house out in the uk and come back out. I know I need a tax file number to be paid but my question is if I get my tax number and don't secure a suitable job and we come back would it affect anything and is the number for life so I can use it when we moved out to oz later this year.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Dave

Makes sense to me.

Apply for your TFN as soon as you get here via the internet as it can take upto 28 days to arrive through the post. You will therefore need an address you can gain access too just incase it takes that long. You will get a confirmation ref number during the online application process and a telephone number. Call that telephone number after 8 working days and quote the reference number. They may have processed your TFN by then. If not, then call them every two days. If/when they have processed your TFN they will give it to you over the phone....subject to a few security questions, but it will also arrive through the post. The TFN is 'for life' and returning back to the UK as you describe wont affect anything.

Good luck. Enjoy.

Makes sense to me.

Apply for your TFN as soon as you get here via the internet as it can take upto 28 days to arrive through the post. You will therefore need an address you can gain access too just incase it takes that long. You will get a confirmation ref number during the online application process and a telephone number. Call that telephone number after 8 working days and quote the reference number. They may have processed your TFN by then. If not, then call them every two days. If/when they have processed your TFN they will give it to you over the phone....subject to a few security questions, but it will also arrive through the post. The TFN is 'for life' and returning back to the UK as you describe wont affect anything.

Good luck. Enjoy.

thats great news I will do it as soon as I get there we have the rental for a month so it should come with no problems.... Thanks for that advice Jackinabox much appreciated....

Archived