175 Skilled Independent Visa - Validation

mwgster

Hi

This may sound like a pretty daft question but I just want to be sure..

We (wife & 2 kids) will be holidaying in March 2013 as we need to validate our PR Visa before the end of April. (house not selling arrrgghhh).

The first kick in the teeth was when I realised all applicants have to travel to Oz to validate the visa & not just the main applicant (me). Few more grand to find than I had planned for! :mad: This is definitely the case is it?

The other question is whether we need to apply for a visitors visa when we go on holiday or are we now covered as we have a 175?

Your help on this would be very much appreciated :biggrin:

Martin

The kick in the teeth is paying for 4 flights when I originally thought it was only me who would have to validat the visa.. Ha It's all good really.

thanks for your reply, very much appreciated.

M

Well it might have been a shock. But if you are suggesting that the Australian government has kicked you in the teeth, then I have to strongly disagree.

Know how you feel. We need to activate by end aug. house not selling crippled with debt etc so wondering about all the possible combinations available to us but looks like we all must go.

Was looking around to see if we could let kids visa lapse and if it s the same cost to respply for them later? A least buying time to save some more. So the two of us could go even 5 day turnaround.

Guest guest71715

Could you tell me which visa is the permenant one. We are hoping to emigrate to sydney we may have to apply for the 457 temp because my OH who is the applicant has took the IELTS and only managed to get scores of 7,s and 8,s are required for the permenant. We are currently going through the TRA

Archived