Visas granted...HELP!!!!!!

smw

I cant believe it, visas have come through quicker than expected!!...happy and scared right now!!

Can any one offer advice on what to do now?!!. What do we need to do with jobs, home...dog?!!! We dont have much money either, has anyone done it with little or nothing?

Did you do much research before applying re costs of it all? If so how long ago was that as some prices may have gone up since then.

If you don't have much money your first consideration should be the dog. Depending on size it could cost you between £2500-4000 to ship and dog to Aus and then about another $1000 on top for quarantine (if its 30 days). Also you need to get the rabies blood work and paperwork in order at least 5 months before departure of dog to do the minimum quarantine time in Aus. If you really cannot afford to take your dog go the safe route with rehoming via a proper rescue with a no PTS policy to ensure it finds a decent home. Please don't advertise it on Gumtree or the paper as some very dodgy people get dogs that way and they can end up as bait dogs or breeding machines.

If you don't have much in the way of savings or money I am not sure how best to go about setting up in Aus. If its just you and a partner then its easier than with kids I'd guess but still not without risk.

Airfares will cost. No getting round that. £700 upwards for one way from UK to Aus generally.

Job wise, its usually better to be on the ground in Aus than applying for them from the UK but some in demand skills may be able to secure employment from the UK but its not something that happens all the time or anything.

If you have to fly out to validate you'll need funds for that also. You could fly out one way of course and validate and stay.

Did you do much research before applying re costs of it all? If so how long ago was that as some prices may have gone up since then.

If you don't have much money your first consideration should be the dog. Depending on size it could cost you between £2500-4000 to ship and dog to Aus and then about another $1000 on top for quarantine (if its 30 days). Also you need to get the rabies blood work and paperwork in order at least 5 months before departure of dog to do the minimum quarantine time in Aus. If you really cannot afford to take your dog go the safe route with rehoming via a proper rescue with a no PTS policy to ensure it finds a decent home. Please don't advertise it on Gumtree or the paper as some very dodgy people get dogs that way and they can end up as bait dogs or breeding machines.

If you don't have much in the way of savings or money I am not sure how best to go about setting up in Aus. If its just you and a partner then its easier than with kids I'd guess but still not without risk.

Airfares will cost. No getting round that. £700 upwards for one way from UK to Aus generally.

Job wise, its usually better to be on the ground in Aus than applying for them from the UK but some in demand skills may be able to secure employment from the UK but its not something that happens all the time or anything.

If you have to fly out to validate you'll need funds for that also. You could fly out one way of course and validate and stay.

Hi Snifter,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah did some research but think its the speed of which we have to suddenly find the money and get over there!. Dog wont be staying, thats one thing the wife wont part with!!!

Looks like its soup for tea for the next 10 months!!

What visas did you get?!?!

Hiya, got the regional sponsored ones, 489/198 - i think, numbers keep changing!! Off to Perth, just shocked as though had longer to activate our visas and save more, have 10 months!!:arghh:

Archived