Tax rebate from Uk

kairika

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has applied for Uk tax rebate when they moved to Australia and how long did it take to come through.

Should take a couple of months if you where on PAYE, if you were self assessment you will have to wait till tax year end (April) and then complete your self assessment like I have to :o(

Thank you all! I sent my form off after Christmas. Just wondered how long it normally takes to receive the funds. Hopefully something will come through in February then.

Might be a bit longer as January and February are probably the worst months for submitting to HMRC anything to do with tax.

You have got everybody submitting self assessment returns for last tax year before the end of January cut off. So I would maybe set your expectations for March instead for February, if it comes through earlier then that's a bonus.

I dunno, I reckon they gear up to process things quickly at this time of year.

I submitted my tax return last Tuesday and the refund has already landed in my account. Perhaps they felt guilty at having had the use of my money for the best part of a year interest free.

(One of these days I'll do the return in April as soon as I get it!)

Guest guest73691

It doesn't appear to say on the form I filled out (P85) whether there is a time limit on potentially getting any tax rebate. I'd contact HMRC and ask them.

I submitted my form just after Christmas and got paid a rebate last week, so it does seem that it can be processed quickly.

Archived