whats the costs of taking car from uk to oz

bwatt99

I got offered my parents 58 plate honda cr v es ivtec motor which cost them just over £10,000 not too long ago,as a going away gift,i can give them my astra sxi astra which they might keep or trade it in for something else.

I was like no i cant,very nice of you but they keep going on about it to me,they said it will help you when you get over there and save you having to buy another car etc etc.

Now that im going with the idea my bubble maybe already burst.

As i dont know own the motor im sure i read you need to have been the owner of the motor for over 12 months which im clearly not.Ok my father has the same name would they know?

So on that rule alone its maybe not possible?

If i am allowed then can someone work out or give me a break down on what costs i would need to pay to have it shipped.and i mean all fees that would need to be paid out to get this on the road there.

What are the postives of doing this and the negs.

As they will be giving me this car for a swap with mine,i wondered what the costs would involve to import there motor vs keeping that money to import and selling my astra 2006 value approx £3500-£4000 approx and using that to buy in oz.

I have read a few posts and seems a bit much to take in all the costs,is there a calculator to work out all the charges would be,or is someone on here have the knowledge or are in this business know more.

Im just trying to figure out what this could cost me to take to oz,on what i can see approx the same motor i think is approx $22,000 approx.

But my first problem is the not having the 12 months ownership

Would be greatfull of any advise

Archived