stuff needed in Brisbane

Gilllian

Consider going to some garage sales, they are advertised in the local paper - start looking from Wednesday. They often say what types of stuff they are selling (e.g. clothes, furniture, etc) and some real bargains can be picked up. We went to some when we first arrived and got little bits and pieces, like tupperware, as well as larger bits - a lovely glass table for one thing.

http://www.utecarrentals.com.au/locations

We used the above people to hire a van to pick some stuff up, they were very reasonable, good pick up locations available, and you can hire by the hour (but would suggest always going for a bit extra time than you think you might need to allow for loading and traffic), they have different sizes available too. We went for the long wheel base van, it was massive - we were able to get a bed in it without taking it apart.

I would say that for other bits and pieces, you know, the smaller stuff like bathroom mats, kitchen utensils etc then Ikea is really worth going to. Sign up for the 'Ikea family' and you get money off too. There are always offers on, and as long as you are willing to go for what they have on offer, regardless of colour/design, you can get some great bargains to start off with. Especially with things like duvets, pillows, bedding etc.

Hope that helps! :)

thanks both for yr replies. As I'm not able to lift heavy items I'll have to organise pickup whatever direction I go in ...so yes, I figured it was cheaper/easier just to order basic stuff from Ikea, and then get a blow up bed - I've hopefully just secured a rental for this year in the tiniest flat ever, so I won't need very much at all :)

Hi, we move back to uk in a week and have 2 leather sofas for sale. There is a 2 seater (1850mm long) and a 3 seater (2130mm long). Both are 960mm wide. We are in Cleveland. $250 for the two. Very good condition.

I've got my basic stuff for now thanks. Just got absolute essentials as have everything I could possibly need in UK!

You should be able to sell yr sofas pretty quick at that price.

Archived