Living in Katherine NT

Combat69

• 1 month later...

IME you wont find accommodation until you get here. Accommodation in Katherine can be found, but estate agents will not take you seriously until you are physically in town. Then there is the matter of what you are looking for. A typical 3 bed house, with no frills will set you back $420 a week approx. Then you need to find the bond, about 4 weeks rent, plus a month in advance. There is a lot of competition for properties, since there are so many people looking for rentals, and the education dept have sucked up a lot of them, to house teachers. But it is not impossible, but you will have to register with all agents, Ray White, LJ Hooker and Elders and keep ringing them. Get your lightweight/summer clothing in the UK. It is pricey and expensive here, and poor quality. Get a car as soon as you can, even a short walk in the hot sun can be painful. and, do not think things happen fast in Katherine.......things all take time, post, tradies, all have long wait lists, sometimes for weeks and months, which can be a problem when the aircon goes up the tubes. That all said, it is a wonderful place to live and enjoy life!!

I can only suggest Googling it. I have never been to the NT. I just read that finding rental accomodation can be difficult there. Have you got a place to live yet?

thanks, yeah googled it many times!

we do have accommodation sorted, so hoping the move goes ok.

cheers