Activities for kids in Beecroft/Cheltenham/North Rocks Sydney NSW

Bridgetjonhannahdaniel

Hi - we are waiting approval of our 457 application and hoping to be in Sydney in February - me plus a 6yr girl, 3yr boy and of course husband who will be working at Westmead Hosp. We are thinking of living in Beecroft/Cheltneham/North Rocks area. I would be really grateful for any info or thoughts on the following...

1) Primary schools

2) Pre-schools for 3yr old

3) After school activities - e.g. dancing, soccer tots, rugby, swimming (lessons and public pools)

Many thanks in advance

Bridget

ps - also any coffee shops for me to lazy around in :biggrin:!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I can't say much about North Rocks (though it has a nice park) because I don't know it all that well, but I know Beecroft/Cheltenham better. Beecroft prides itself in having a 'village' feel and it is really lovely. Good schools, good junior rugby club, and plenty of other after school activities...I only really know the rugby one detailed but know there are loads. You can't drive through Beecroft without lots of kids activities being advertised on signs around. Cheltenham and Beecroft kind of just run into one another. North Rocks has more 'useful' shops but the shops at Beecroft are lovely and some fab coffee shops (like 'the Beehive') for you to enjoy (most importantly!).

I don't know the preschools there as well as we live about 15 min away but I do know that preschools in this area are at a premium and very oversubscribed. We moved last Jan and didn't manage to get our daughter into a preschool until this year (Despite being on a few waiting lists). However, there are lots of playgroups and the like if you have trouble finding a preschool space.

Hope that helps a bit!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jackson4,

Beecroft is one of the areas that is at the top of my list to move the family to. They arrive around the end of March. I was very impressed with it when I recently visited and had a wander around. Can you tell me a little more about the area (and surrounding places) please? Things like what are the options if you wanted to go buy kids clothes, do a big grocery shop etc...

Thanks for any info.

Beecroft and Cheltenham are both very nice places.....the former has good facilities too, no shops in Cheltenham as the original covenants set up in the sub division didn't allow it.

For bigger grocery shops, Woolworths is at Thornleigh (about 3km), Coles at West Pennant Hills and Epping (similar distance). Big shopping centres at Hornsby, Castle Towers (Castle Hill) and Macquarie Park, all within 10km. You can even get a train to shop at Hornsby or Macq Park if you want, a rare opportunity indeed in Sydney (not that parking is hard, but handy if you only have one car sometimes)

Archived