Bikes

Guest Kate

Has anyone shipped their bike to Oz and if so, were there any restrictions/problems with customs? Is it worth doing?

:roll:

Thanks

Kate

Guest Nelson

We're taking all our bikes.. shippers recommended that we thoroughly hose them clean and then blacken the tyres with the stuff they use in garages.. What do other people think..? That's what John Mason said, anyhow!

Thanks Krista. I asked the question because my husband went to the Australian customs website and the suggestion there was that if the bikes aren't totally immac then expect a mega bill for cleaning. Surely the rules for cars would be similar? Can bikes be steam cleaned?

I'm keen to get a new bike now and then ship it when we move next year, so any advice from anyone whose been there, done that, would be welcomed.

Kate

The push variety is what I mean, although I've promised myself that one day I'll get me a Harley....and ignore all those people who say I'll fall off at the traffic lights (like I'm gonna stop anyway!!).

I've just got into cycling and am up and out at 6 every morning, taking advantage of the early sunrise to click up a few miles. It's wonderful.

Now I "need" a new bike and have to pursuade hubby that it can come to Oz with us next year without costing us a fortune. 8)

Kate

Guest choobs
The push variety is what I mean, although I've promised myself that one day I'll get me a Harley....and ignore all those people who say I'll fall off at the traffic lights (like I'm gonna stop anyway!!).

Kate

Stopping is one thing you WON'T be doing on a Harley - the brakes are dreadful :)

Choobs

Archived