Climate...& do they visit

Chalky4388

Hi POM's

There is a big debate going on within our clan as to what factors to consider when choosing where to locate, such as areas around Sydney, Port McQuarie or Coffs.

I'am looking around Avoaca beach area or somewhere within 2 hours of Sydney but my wife has noticed some 'Pom posts' about peole moving further north because the weather in sydney area can be cold and wet (hard to believe). In some statistics the temp can drop to 4 deg.

I assume this sort of temp is in the evening.

My question really is, is it shorts and t-shirt weather most of the year, with maybe 3 months in the winter where you avoid the beach and pull on a jumper.

Or does sydney have quit a seasonal feel and beach weather is limited to six months or less.

And should consideration be given to the ease in which family and friends can visit you in Oz when deciding where to relocate. are family more likley to visit if you live within a few hours of a major city as agianst another flight to Coffs or a six hour drive. Apart from parents, when you leave the uk and everyone promises to visit-inreality how many actually do.

Much appreciated

Sorry, the post was originally planned for one question.

chalky

Guest corinne, pimms on lawn

so Chalky have you got your visa etc or are you at the start of deciding to go to Auss, you see i am at start, looking at application for skilled migrant and got to get visa, god knows what after that. did you decide where to go?

Hi Corrine

We are awaiting a case officer being allocated. Our application was submitted in Aug under 137 skilled independant. We went to OZ twice, once on a holiday and the second time to recce (june 04** on moving over. Suprisingly we decided not to go and only last year changed our mind & started the whole process of applying for a visa. Not getting out with the kids due to the weather is our reason. We are not using an agent as i found the whole process easy to follow.

i'll soon find out whether i've filled the form in correctly or not. (old paper based system)

Good luck with your application.

Chalky

Archived