Help, Advice with the best Visa to go for.......

Mrs Fabricator

Hi guys, as many of you know Myself and Mr Fabricator are engaged to be married, hopefully next year, September time. He has already been granted his visa and needs to activate by June. The difficulty we have is what Visa should we go for where I am concerned? Can Lee add a change of circumstances to his Visa? DO I need to go through the defacto route? Should I get an agent?

I know that it would be a spous visa, but not sure where to go from here really. We have been together for a year, living together since April. There was no point in me continuing with my Application as a single person now that we are together.

Any help advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Becky :)

Thank you for the reply, that good to know I thought it was just being in a relationship for a year was enough to apply. NOt sure on a time as yet depends on when we get house sold, asap idealy, but it in the hands of the gods.

So it a partner visa I would need......thank you much appreciated

Becky

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/35relationship.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

Applicants seeking to demonstrate a de facto relationship with their partner must provide evidence that for the period covering at least the twelve months before the visa application is lodged:

• they had a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others
  • the relationship between them is genuine and continuing
  • they live together, or do not live separately and apart, on a permanent basis.

You could start getting the evidence together now but to ensure that it is not denied wait the extra months until you have being living together for 1 year.

Archived