Flights Booked!!

Seasider17

Flights booked for the 26th May so were actually doing it!!!

Were setting up base in brisbane and intend to travel up the coast to cairns and back in time for xmas!!

Any suggestions on places we MUST see??

There's a big pineapple on the sunshine coast, which according to their website (yes, it has a website) is 'Australia's most famous Iconic Queensland tourist attraction and landmark.' Don't go there. And don't go to any of the other big things created as some form of distraction along the Bruce Highway. The fact that anyone ever felt the need to build these things should set alarm bells ringing as to how there is to see and do. Unless you just want to drink your way up the coast, in which case I can suggest a few bars.

In all honesty, I'd strongly suggest going inland to the red centre, and then up to Kakadu, across to the Daintree and Cape Tribulation then south to see the Great Barrier Reef, and exit swiftly through Cairns. It will be a much more interesting, beautiful, memorable trip than hitting the coastal road.

That giant pineapple is so funny, move over disneyworld is what I say! We went (because its rude not to) and I thought their description of it was hilarious. It is seriously just a huge pineapple with stairs inside leading to some really uninteresting agricultural stuff (if I remember) you have to go just to say you've been and take a photo........

Enjoy your adventure

Yes, enjoy your adventure whatever you decide to do. A backpacking trip is a rite of passage

Thanks for the advice mate and ill avoid the giant pineapple haha!! ive seen a few places along the coast that me and my partner would like to visit, but as were going there and back we are going to try the inland route on our return!!

Thanks for the advice mate and ill avoid the giant pineapple haha!! ive seen a few places along the coast that me and my partner would like to visit, but as were going there and back we are going to try the inland route on our return!!

Nnnnnnooooooooooooooooo you must see the pineapple!!

Archived