Original Packaging

rachall

Hi All This may have been asked before but I cant seem to find any info. We have always kept the original packaging for most of our expensive purchases, ie TV's, X-box, some toys. If we had them shipped in those boxes are we likely to be charged import tax, or should we just let the shippers pack them without? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi All This may have been asked before but I cant seem to find any info. We have always kept the original packaging for most of our expensive purchases, ie TV's, X-box, some toys. If we had them shipped in those boxes are we likely to be charged import tax, or should we just let the shippers pack them without? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi,, just bumping this thread as I'm also wondering the same thing.

Guest GeorgeD

I shipped a high end amplifier and home cinema speakers in their original packaging. No problems, they weren't queried or checked. They were over 12 months old but the boxes were in perfect condition (they are worth more with the original box too!)

EDITED TO ADD: The packers also told me if there was anything expensive linke the amp and speakers, they preferred to use original packaging as that was specifically designed by the manufacturer to protect it during shipping. We shoved a lottle bit more bubble wrap in some fo the gaps, but that was it.

Don't worry we had three brand new flat packed beds, a dining table and 10 chairs all new and unopened and were not questioned or charged anything. My advice is if you have space pack as much as you can to avoid buying at higher prices here.

Archived