What is.....ACK

Chalky4388

Hi all

I', getting confused concerning acknowledgement.

I have been sent an e-mail titled Acknowledgement of receipt of visa application.

with it is a file number startting CLF2007

and a ICSe request id starting 7805

and a Client Id starting 8169

is this my full Acknowledgement or just an acknowledgement of my payment, whats the difference. is full acknolwdgement an important mile stone, is so what do we do next.

Chalky

Thats your full acknowledgement and if you look closer there maybe a Case Oficer name attached i'm sure thats the letter we received when we got our Case officer it all blurs into one now.

Sorry if i'm wrong

x

Guest KP Nuts

glitteryourway954e2307rb3.gif

Guy's that your full acknowledgement,(7 pages) and yes it is an important milestone........

If it's like ours, it will say that waiting time for c/o is still 12 weeks, but at least you can now do your police checks (these take 40 days) and if you want to your meds.

Well done.........

KP Nuts

Thans for the info. but i assume a full acknowledgement does not mean that the application is valid and likely to be accepted. i'm thinking the case officer will decide if my claim for points are correct and then request meds & PC's

I see other people going ahead with meds, etc once fully acknowledged. Are they not in danger of paying for this and getting the visa refused.

No idea of cost for Medicals & Pc's in glasgow, is it minimal and worth the risk to speed things up.

Cheers

Chalky

Yes, in simple terms if you get your police checks done and your medicals before you get a case officer then you run the risk of paying for them and then getting refused.

Our meds have come out at £470 so its not a risk we're willing to take to get them done too early.

Guest nyper74exc
Thans for the info. but i assume a full acknowledgement does not mean that the application is valid and likely to be accepted. i'm thinking the case officer will decide if my claim for points are correct and then request meds & PC's

I see other people going ahead with meds, etc once fully acknowledged. Are they not in danger of paying for this and getting the visa refused.

No idea of cost for Medicals & Pc's in glasgow, is it minimal and worth the risk to speed things up.

Cheers

Chalky

i would defo go for the police checks (go into your local police station and ask for forms) as they take 40 days to come back and only cost £10 each. our medicals came to just under £400 for two adults and two children. from phoning the doctors to going for the meds took a week and its another week for your blood test to come back before they send off the results. may be a plan to leave the meds till requested.

i got ack in november, meds and police checks requested mid november, meds received and complete by 4th dec, police checks sent 18th dec, checks received 3rd jan and i havent heard a peep since!

Hi Heieup

I submitted my paper based visa around the 17/18th august.

it is a 136 independant application.

They tried to take payment in November but my card had expired. after a few problems they took payment on the 16th January and acknowledged with file number next day. No case officer yet.

Cheers

Chalky

ps sparky to trade

Hi nyper74exc

thanks for your reply. I'am in no real hurry as i have a house to renovate before fleeing the midge infested ayrshire coast. So i will hang off with meds until requested. Do police checks also have a limit of one year, like the meds.

Chalky

Guest nyper74exc

alright chalky, ah the f*&%^n midges, i hate them! no long till there back out. yes the police check only lasts a year from when they issue it, so prob better just to leave it. do your outside work the now on your renovation and save the inside stuff for when they wee s£%&*s come oot!!

cheers, nyper.

Archived