Brisbane Meet Up - Sunday 6th January at Southbank/City Beach

Jit7

Hi Everyone

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas!

The last meet up at Kangaroo Cliffs was a great success as we met some lovely people. It was great to talk about similar experiences and just get to know one another to build that network of friends.

So, its time to meet up again....

The next meet up is on SUNDAY 6TH JANUARY at the Southbank/City Beach at 1pm for a picnic. We will be around the grassy area near the kids water play area. So nearby activities are the beach and childrens playground. I believe the Surf Club is just next door. There are loads of cafes, restaurants, dessert/ice cream places close by too.

I think there is parking but you will need to pay. Alternatively, you could park a bit further down (Kangaroo Cliffs) for free. The free city hopper (ferry) stops at Southbank 3 which is across the river from North Quay. Or simply walk across the bridge from the city (Victoria or Goodwill) which will bring you to the Southbank.

There are limited BBQ's there so bring some picnic food. This time there are lots of things for kids but I forgot last time as we don't have kids yet (sorry).

Some of you know what I look like but I will have my Olympic Union Jack Towel draped over something. I will try to get hubby to wear a Pommy top again.

Any questions, send me a message. Please post if you are coming so I can look out for you.

I hope to see you there

Jitixa

x

Guest guest69493

Hi Jitixa,

Myself, partner and our daughter arrived in November, would like to mix with others. Is there any 11/12 years meeting up?? as daughter has not made much friends with it been summer hols here. I am Irish and my partner is Welsh. We lived in the u.k. (scotland for 10 years).

Hi Jitixa,

Myself, partner and our daughter arrived in November, would like to mix with others. Is there any 11/12 years meeting up?? as daughter has not made much friends with it been summer hols here. I am Irish and my partner is Welsh. We lived in the u.k. (scotland for 10 years).

Hi

Hubby and I arrived at the end of October so not much longer than you. Where abouts are you living? How are you finding it so far? We are settling in OK but really missing family. It will get easier I guess. However, we're enjoying exploring and really enjoying the weather!!

I only posted this yesterday so not sure on numbers yet. However I do know there is a 5 year old coming (doesn't really help you though). There was a family that came last time that had daughters a few years older than yours. Hopefully they can make it too. They are from Scotland. However, try to come along if you can as it would be nice to meet. I will let you know if I get any messages from families with kids your daughters age.

Hope to see you on Sunday

Jitixa

Hi

We will be coming on Sunday. Amy is definately coming and Sarah is hoping to come. The kids will be bringing their swimming stuff too. Amy is 14 and loves company and is looking forward to meeting your daughter. They managed to start school as soon as we arrived in October so it made a big diffrfence with meeting people before the summer holidays. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Morag

Guest GeorgeD

Hi Jitixa,

I think I should be able to come along this time too...my wife might be there for a short while, she's working in the city later that afternoon and might drop in before work.

Guest GeorgeD
Can we come too? Not been to any Brisbane meet ups yet.

Nats & Chris

Without wanting to steal Jit7's thunder, the more the merrier, all are welcome, drop by for a quick hello or stay around all afternoon if you want.

Guest GeorgeD

I'll be heading in to the city soon...we went down to Surfer's Paradise for breakfast. My wife needs to go straight to work so she won't make it...but I need to get our dog out and about, so he's coming with me! I'll have him on his lead and I'll put his little muzzle on (he has a habit of licking children which bizarrely some of them don't like!) His picture is my avatar.

We'll see you all there.

Archived