Booking Flights To Australia

MACDONALDO67

OK is there a knack to this?

Holiday venue at Bondi now confirmed so just need to book flights for December 2013 / January 2014.

Is it best to book as soon as they are released or wait until offers appear later in the year? I'm expecting the flights to come out within the next couple of months and I'm unsure if to jump straight in or sit back and wait.

So used to booking flights for European venues but Long Haul to Sydney is a first for me.

Also discounts? Any sites for voucher codes that could shave a small % off the bill would be much appreciated. It will be Quantas, Emirates or Singapore Airlines I reckon although I'm finding Quantas just that wee bit more expensive than the others in price comparison at this time of year.

Any tips will be much appreciated.

Regards.

I'd book as early as possible personally. I prefer airlines own websites.

If you know when you want to depart why waste time waiting to see if you can get a better deal? Also don't forget that between certain dates in Dec-Jan flight prices are higher due to Xmas/New year. Look to book before or after that window. Usually early ish - mid Dec to mid Jan its pricier.

I'd get them booked ASAP and know it was a done deal and I could relax.

I'd book as early as possible personally. I prefer airlines own websites.

If you know when you want to depart why waste time waiting to see if you can get a better deal? Also don't forget that between certain dates in Dec-Jan flight prices are higher due to Xmas/New year. Look to book before or after that window. Usually early ish - mid Dec to mid Jan its pricier.

I'd get them booked ASAP and know it was a done deal and I could relax.

Agreed.....'last minute deals' are a myth on long haul flights.....far better to book early, especially for that time of year.

Guest guest30085

They don't tend to offer last minute savings on long haul scheduled flights, I booked to Perth a couple of years ago with about 2/3 months to go and paid around 700, then a family member decided at the last minute to join me and a week before flying the price was nearer 900. That was with Emirates. I would book early.

Guest guest30085

I've used Net Flights and never had a problem, I think they are owned by Thomas Cook now.

Also, as above Emirates were great to fly with, but I flew to Perth and Emirates is the shortest flying time I've found so far, although others may be similar

Archived