Emily B

privacy policy visa  

1. 1. privacy policy visa

• Is the university able to discloses my personal information to DIAC?
    • Do I need GP letter for medical form 26?

Hi

The university approved my application for reduced study load based on compassionate reasons. It contains some very personal informations. Will the university disclose these informations to DIAC when I apply for my visa extension?

Thanx :)

Hi Emily, the University will use the information you provided to assess whether you are eligible to have your COE (confirmation of enrolment) extended. Have they confirmed with you in writing whether they will do this or are you in mid-process? Each uni has it's own policies and procedures but they must all comply with DIAC regulations regarding international students. these state that there must be compelling and compassionate grounds for extended leave and reduced load. The university is entrusted to assess your application within DIAC guidelines, they do not reveal the information to DIAC. Once the University is satisfied that you meet the requirements they simply go into the DIAC system and extend your COE. You will then be told your COE has been extended and will be able to contact DIAC to extend your visa. The university will not tell DIAC that your load has changed, simply that your COE is extended as you meet the DIAC guidelines. The University takes responsibility for guaranteeing to DIAC that they have made the necessary checks, which is why you have to supply the information about your situation to them.

I hope this makes sense.

Hi Addy, yes they have already approved. I'm just worried that the university will reveals some very personal informations to the DIAC and that because of it, I could find difficulties when I apply for my visa extension.

Thank you so much :)

Hi Addy, yes they have already approved. I'm just worried that the university will reveals some very personal informations to the DIAC and that because of it, I could find difficulties when I apply for my visa extension.

Thank you so much :)

The university should not reveal anything to the DIAC as it is a mechanical process in a computer system. However your papers will be kept on your student file and there is a small chance that the DIAC will request your papers as part of an audit. The university are entrusted to apply the law, so I if the uni have approved your application then there should be no issue with the DIAC. The DIAC guideline is that the matter must be compassionate and compelling. For example if you are ill, pregnant, a carer, family issues etc. This is not an exhaustive list.

Archived