Citizenship ceremony invitation letter

inception

Do DIAC send an email prior to sending the formal invitation letter by post?

DIAC did email me before when notifying me about the approval for citizenship stating that a letter has been sent out to me by post. Then about two days later I received a letter saying that my application has been approved. Now I am waiting for the invitation for the ceremony. It has been more than three months now.

So, what is the normal process? Is an email sent out every time DIAC posts a letter? I am just worried that I might have missed the invitation letter. Every day I check my mail hoping that there would be something. Not knowing when it would arrive is very disheartening especially since there is no way of tracking online whether the letter has been sent out or not.

Guest Guest26012

The letter for your citizenship ceremony comes from your local council, not from DIAC. You can contact them and ask them when your ceremony is. :xmas24:

The letter for your citizenship ceremony comes from your local council, not from DIAC. You can contact them and ask them when your ceremony is. :xmas24:

Incorrect.

The invitation letter is sent out by DIAC. This is initiated by the DIAC Ceremonies Team responsible for that area. Printed and posted from Canberra. No email is sent out once a ceremony has been scheduled.

The council might also send out a seperate invitation letter, but this will arrive after the DIAC invitation letter.

Incorrect.

The invitation letter is sent out by DIAC. This is initiated by the DIAC Ceremonies Team responsible for that area. Printed and posted from Canberra. No email is sent out once a ceremony has been scheduled.

The council might also send out a seperate invitation letter, but this will arrive after the DIAC invitation letter.

Thank you so much. At least now I can sit and relax for a while. I hope the postman doesn't misplace my letter. All this anxiety and the waiting game is making me all paranoid lol:eek:

Edited by inception

Unfortunately they misplaced mine!!

Got a letter for me and 11yo and NOTHING for Husband and 19yo

As a Family we are "linked"

Emailed them................so glad I did

Turns out invite was sent to ALL of us but only 1 was received............

We have waited over 6months

Keep an eye on the situation

Good Luck

Guest Guest26012
Incorrect.

Yes you're right, my mistake! Got a bit muddled! I know we were waiting a long time for the council invitation so I rang them and they gave me the date over the phone. :ssign4:

• 1 year later...
Yes you're right, my mistake! Got a bit muddled! I know we were waiting a long time for the council invitation so I rang them and they gave me the date over the phone. :ssign4:

so if we can confirm the ceremony date by phone, can we just attend the ceremony without the "invitation letter" ?

because sometime that mistake may happen !!

if applicants really do not receive the invitation letter, can they still attend the citizenship ceremony ?

so if we can confirm the ceremony date by phone, can we just attend the ceremony without the "invitation letter" ?

because sometime that mistake may happen !!

Yes provided the department confirms with you on the phone or which ever medium of communication you used. You'll have to take an ID preferably a passport or drivers license to prove your identity.

Your identity will then be checked by the reps in charge of the ceremony prior to entering the ceremony hall for obvious reasons.