British gas engineer looking for any work in Melbourne

Neill1888

Hi anyone out there looking for a British gas engineer with 14 years experience ??

I am a British gas engineer and have been for the last 14 years,but I have decided to make the move to sunny Melbourne hopefully by the end of next year (2013) i have had my skills assesed (NVQ level 3 )and they are fine to apply for a visa. I have done all lines of work whilst working for the gas board, i worked for transco dealing with the distribution side for 4 years dealing with gas escapes and service renewals and gas repairs before i moved indoors to become a technical engineer dealing with breakdows and servicing to all gas appliances such as boilers, fires, warm air units water heaters, space heaters, back boiler units AGA range cookers, gas tumble dryers and unvented hot water systems ect with an NVQ level 3 qualification and am just waiting to get my date through to do my LPG ticket before i come over. I have also done a 1 year secondment role on the British Gas National Technical Help Desk dealing with a wide range of departments and providing technical support to over 7000 engineers in all aspects of fault finding and installation problems I have also worked as a support engineer dealing with customer complain jobs and I have also have training experience training 4 apprence engineers in my time with my current employer.

I am looking for a similar job to what I have here back in the U.K although I am willing to try somthing new altogether just depends what work is out there i am not scared of re-training for another type of role or even become a trades assistant for a while if I have to, if that would help me get my foot in the door somewhere until I prove myselfn.

I hope anyone out there could assist me with this

Thanks in advance

Neill Thornton

Welcome, cannot help you on the job front except to say have a look at Seek, companies such as Transfield, Kilpatrick Green etc. Career One is another site worth a look.

Its a good idea to also join the Life in Victoria forum, there is a link at the foot of this one. A lot of the members are new arrivals or people resident for some time and they may be able to give you more information.

Archived