cost?????

Guest davecon

Guest davecon

hi all

we have just read through the TRA notes... o my god.. my wife is a self employed hairdresser but is struggling to gather the information required on the form. do you realy have to put were you have worked since leaving school? even though this is not relavent to her current occupation. is it worth getting an agent to assist with the process, any recommendations, costs, ect.

thanks in anticipation

davecon

Guest heather

I know how you feel. My partner has been self employed since 1989 and he could not remember dates etc. We just made sure all his dates tied up with everything else so there were no queries. An agent will help but you still have to gather the information yourself so I could not see the point in paying them £1500+ for filling in the forms. You still have to pay the TRA their fees and I have found them very helpful in dealing with queries although their website has all the info. Just keep reading through it and make you you send ALL the info they need otherwise I think they will reject it. I found the worst bit was chasing clients for references then chasing our solictor to type the declaration. Good luck

Guest heather

HI Dave We are waiting for TRA to come back to us. They received our details on 19th July and all is crossed. If you visit http://www.austimeline.com this will give you an idea of how long things are taking in relation to where and who you are applying to. The TRA appear to be turning things around in about 2 months. I supose if everything is in order with your application and they are not so busy things will be quick. I was hoping we would have a reply by the end of this month but we shall see.

Guest mandy00

Hiya, just reg on the austimeline website that was posted, thanks for that its really handy. Ive just sent off the visa application, which apparently only takes 3-6 months now to process as opposed to the previous 12-18 months which is loads better. Anyway just like to add too that the DIMIA website is brill, it tells you everything you need to know to do it all yourself, all the forms you can print off, you dont need to pay an agent for them to send to you what you can get yourself. Anyway good luck.

See ya

Archived