Visa 457

JonnoA

Hi all,

My new work are sponsoring me for a 457 VISA and have a solicitor doing everything for me. All docs with them as of 10 days ago and now just waiting.

Anyone else gone through the 457 process, know how long it tends to take? Am I wrong to assume an early Feb start would be ambitious if I need to resign a month in advance to get over?

Also, are there any other pitfalls in the process except having medical insurance and the police record check I need to be aware of??

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Cheers for the response...only issue I could see was job references...song want my work to know I'm going until I know I'm going! So got all my bank statements and photos / profile of my ugly mug from the company website - lawyer said that was fine.

Ive got fairly comprehensive health insurance etc so fingers crossed...

Good to know 3 weeks though...saw some cases on the immigration website saying up to 3 months!

Cheers for the response...only issue I could see was job references...song want my work to know I'm going until I know I'm going! So got all my bank statements and photos / profile of my ugly mug from the company website - lawyer said that was fine.

Ive got fairly comprehensive health insurance etc so fingers crossed...

Good to know 3 weeks though...saw some cases on the immigration website saying up to 3 months!

It can be a couple of weeks to a few months, your employer will understand that you cannot help how long the visa process takes. If you want to wait until you have a visa and then have, say, a months notice I guess February could be tight.

Thought it might be Rupert, but the company are pushing the Feb date and already asking what dates I want them to book tickets and move my stuff over so wasn't sure what else could come up...especially given its Christmas!

Im not fussed really, so long as I can leave my current business on amicable terms as I have a lot of time invested in it (helped launch it day one and going to forego some equity etc to move over)

Will see what happens but definitely want to give them a months notice before I go

Thought it might be Rupert, but the company are pushing the Feb date and already asking what dates I want them to book tickets and move my stuff over so wasn't sure what else could come up...especially given its Christmas!

Im not fussed really, so long as I can leave my current business on amicable terms as I have a lot of time invested in it (helped launch it day one and going to forego some equity etc to move over)

Will see what happens but definitely want to give them a months notice before I go

I would probably just remind your company that you don't have a visa yet, you will need your visa even for booking shippers. And some things are bound to slow down with it being Christmas, the only think you could do, it resign now and cross your fingers that the visa goes through ok ... otherwise, tell the new employer that they need to be patient.

Archived