Xray treatment costs??

k8bug79

Hi,

I posted on her a few months back about a couple of sentimental items made up of plant material. I was advised to take them through customes in my luggage and declare them. I am prepare dto pay the radiation costs on sentimental items. Most of these are tings we brought back from our honeymoon in Africa. Now i am sorting I have found a few more items- shell necklace, string of beads including seeds. Plus I also have a kitchen witch which belonged to my Grandma that has a straw like substance as it's broom stick (can't tell whether it's nylon or horse hair/ straw)

What I want to know is whether a handful of small items get treated at the same time or will they charge me for each individual item?

I was watching passport patrol (or similar) and there was a lady on there who had some necklaces containing seeds, she had them treated and the programme said it cost about £60. Is that about right? Although it will be a painful amount if that is per piece?

No-one knows what this will cost you as it all depends on what Customs find and decree at the time. Sorry not very helpful but that is how it is...

thanks kibda got the impression there was no continuity from the custms website. ah well guess i'll have to ake it and be prepared it may cost several hundred:unsure: