Need advise on moving back to UK with Aussie Wife and stepson

celticfae

2011 moved to Australia and married my lovely wife spent a fortune to get here. we have been married for a year n half... Been working full time for last year on a contract and final straw is employee not renewing the contract and we have just had enough of badluck and things going wrong here so we are looking at moving back to UK I have a house that is currently rented by my parents have said they will put us up till we are working etc.

Do we have to fill out just VAF4A. Not sure on the forms etc... is it easier as I wont have a job right off to be sponsered by my parents etc ?

From all i have read tonight and kind of info overload it appears we should apply in Aus and it will cost 826 pound for my stepson and my wife will be the same amount and from what I read there maybe another 2 forms costing more.... surely its not that bad.. after everything else and all the money we spent to get me here .. just making sure I read it correctly. Can we go back on hols and then apply from over there is it cheaper or easier.. We have our delayed honeymoon booked for April back home and we were planning on going and staying then but if we need to do visa here in Oz then that we must do...

Looking for some advise as we will have expenses in shipping personal things back so I need to find a way out of this mess.

thanks in advance :xmas23: Any advise is really appreciated

Guest guest41161

You really need to go to UK border agency website. New laws brought in July 2012 means you need to have been employed in a role for min 6 months earning approx £23k per annum, or if not employed have approx £60k in savings. It has now become a whole new ball game for spouse visas and is an extremely costly and complicated procedure.

Application must also be made from Australia, and if you can find employment would mean a possible split of your family for a period of months. Your parents also cannot act as sponsor as you being the UK citizen are the only one able to do this. If your parents own their house the can supply a statement advising you can stay there, but their finances will have nil influence on the application.

It is not good news, but good luck, and consider an emigration consultant who will clarify the exact process and eligibility. I can advise someone via PM if you are interested?

Thanks Scottydog,

I spoke to someone today from an agency... he said that we can apply once i have been in work for 12 months then we could apply but I would need to have a job offer a contract of sorts before the visa would be granted that if I needed to return before my wife and sons visas were granted then all they would need is a notorised copy of my b/certif and passport. And the process takes approx 4-6 weeks.. will give him another call tomorrow and drill him a bit more on some facts.. he did say for both my wife and stepson that it would be an income of 22400per annum.

thanks for the info though gives me something to question further etc.

:xmas23:

Archived