Guest Mark&Justine

Perth Real Estate

Guest Mark&Justine

Hi to members,

Came across the website, very good idea, information is very helpful.

Justine and Mark (husband) are in the process of applying to OZ (perth), the last 12 months, we went through Agent - thinkingaustralia.com.

Anyone applying to go to Perth - get in touch -

I am trying to find websites so I can look at Property on the internet, not knowing the websites is difficult, anyone out there with information, please get in touch.

Until the next time.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

The "Renting and Real Estate" section on this forum will have links to view property online.

Thanks Mark, You must have posted that just as I moved it. Have you read your PM's?

TackleBox - Fishing Australia stuff.

Guest Mel & Ed

Hi justine & mark

How far through process are you??

We (Me Ed and 3 kids) all hoping for move to Perth early next year??

Any ideas where in perth youre going??

Speak soon

Melanie.

Guest michellematthews2005

Hi

Just saw your post. We are hoping to go to Perth and are also going through thinkingaustralia.com. Only in the very begginings at the mo, but we are in talks with a guy called Darrel. Just waiting for the ok from Oz. Where in Perth do you want to go, we would like the area in and around Rockingham, apparently many brits have gone there.

Speak soon

Guest Chardonnay Girl

Hi new to this board, we are using thinkingaustralia - Darrell is a character isn't he, no complaints so far

Guest JONJOE

Hi all

Just starting the visa application , intended destination Perth 2006.

Can anyone recommend a decent agent , how much are you paying ?

Any advice would be apppreciated.

Can't wait to live the dream !

Guest Jimmeh
    we would like the area in and around Rockingham, apparently many brits have gone there.

Rockingham's ok, isn't great. DONT move there if you plan on working in the central Perth area (CBD), because it will be a nightmare getting there.

Good luck

Guest Mandi

I agree with what Jimmeh said about Rockingham. I live in the Northern Suburb, again a lot of Brit's live here too. Main route into Perth is the Mitchell Freeway and it is a nightmare, you have to allow at least an hours travel time, my husband travells into town by motorbike and it takes him 30 minutes.

Realestate.com is one of the best sites for looking at houses, it's a great way of seeing what you get for your money as well with virtual tours. Most people rent when they get here to start off with so that they can get a feel of the place first to see where they want to eventually settle. Rental can be between $250.00 (£100.00) and $750.00 (£300.00) per week depending on where and the size of the property, a lot of rental places do not like taking in animals, so if you are thinking of bringing any over with you, then you also have to think of that.

Good luck

Mandi

Guest cheryl

Hi all we as in myself Cheryl, husband Russ and 2 kids are hoping to go to perth, but early stages of applying but would like to go this time next year. We visited perth in April this year we stayed in place called singleton with friends its all lovely round there, we liked secret harbour or golden bay both not far from rockingham which is lovely place also. We are going through agent called 1st contact been very good so far, friends of ours in oz also used them were pleased with them.

Guest Mark&Justine

Hi to all,

We are using ThinkingAustralia, we are just waiting now for a decision from DIMIA,! at long last, it has taken around 18 months,! we were a little slow at sending papers etc, also having to get relevant documents as Mark's auntie is sponsoring us.

I recommend Thinking Australia, Darrell is Great, any information needed, he will supply.

There is so many lovely places in Perth, I suppose you would be spoilt for choice,

Good Luck to everyone, whoever gets to Perth first, ! keep us posted with information.

Cheers

Justine & Mark

Guest Stripy

Hi there,

check out these guys i found their service excellent and it was refreshing to deal with genuine people.

gbtwanneroo.com

hope this helps,

good luck in your endeavours

Stripy

Guest vicky&simon

Hello

im Vicky me and my family [partner and 2 kids] are going through the an application to were using thames migration, theyhave been very good hows your agent been? our friend went back packing to oz ended up in perth and married an ozzy [kirsty] they live in kingsley, she said its still quite cheap in that area 5 mins from the beach loads to do good schools a nice friendly place quite a lot of migrants, i have been looking at property there, the website is www.realestate.com.au have a look will take u all over oz.Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Loulouhew
        Hi just wondering if anyone knows what the shipping companies charge to store your stuff the other end if you send it before you arrive?.

Thanks
      • By The Pom Queen
        New research urges Western Australia to tackle longstanding political fights such as retail trading hours and daylight saving, and to embrace asset recycling to boost infrastructure, as part of a plan to ­attract residents in the ­absence of a mining boom.
        A new paper by consultancy firm PwC, as part of The Australian’s Better Cities initiative, finds that while resources will unquestionably remain the backbone of the West Australian economy, the state needs to develop other industry sectors to act as “shock absorbers’’ when commodity ­cycles turn.
        The report — If you build it, will they stay? Capitalising on Perth’s boomtime legacy— finds the most recent mining boom has left a strong legacy.
        Lead author and PwC managing partner Justin Carroll said one of the most important ingredients for a city to prosper was strong population growth, and Perth needed to find new ways to continue to attract and retain citizens.
        “The legacy of the boom means that Perth is not the same city it was 10 years ago and it has been revitalised with new world-class facilities. We must build on this to ensure Perth is an even ­better city to live, work and play.
        “To further flourish Perth needs to continue to diversify its economy beyond the resources sector, capitalise on its proximity to Asia and its time zone, and ­embrace Perth’s culture of scientific and technical innovation.’’
        The PwC report says rumours of a mass exodus from Perth have been “greatly exaggerated’’. WA’s population continues to grow but at a slower rate than during the mining and construction boom.
        But greater Perth had the fastest rate of decline of any Australian capital city in net domestic migration between the 2012 ­financial year and the 2016 financial year.
        The outflow of domestic mig­rants was offset by net overseas arrivals, which remained strong at 13,600 in the year to June 30.
        The report finds there have been many innovations coming from WA, particularly in the fields of medical research, mining and agriculture, and advises Perth to capitalise on these strengths to become a global research hub.
        It says WA fails to attract many overseas ­students ­despite sharing a time zone with key Asian capitals. But it also calls on the state to tackle issues such as daylight saving, taxation, local council reform, trading hours and a resistance to big change.
        WA is also advised to be more receptive to partnering the priv­ate sector on big infrastructure projects and to consider asset ­recycling and value capture, which are being deployed in NSW as the state embarks on a massive infrastructure spend.
      • By Parley
        Western Australia is Australia's worst performing state.
        Even worse than Tassie.

So to all Poms wanting to move to Australia it is best to come over to the Eastern side.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/nsw-is-australias-best-performing-state-while-western-australia-has-slipped-to-last-place/news-story/9b49f3ad440a83b75e101bb2db9bf1d6
      • By Surbello
        Hello everyone, my name is Andreas and this next november-december I am going to travel to Australia. My problem is I do not know where to go. 
        I studied something related with construction and my experience in that area in my opinion is medium. Where I do not have experience is in english language. I have to say that will be a big problem for me at the beginning but I am sure I will solve it quickly because I love english. 
        I am under 30 years old, I like big cities but does not necessary have to be Sydney or Melbourne, I think small city (1M people) can be better to find a room and know the differences little by little between my country and your country. I looked for information about Perth, Adelaide and Canberra. At the end, all the information I have found about them is: it is okay but they are not Sydney or Melbourne... 
        During my Visa time I can move around the country as much as I want, so I prefer arrive in a small city, spend there (2,3,6... months) to speak and understand your language better than the first day and then if I have a good feeling move to Sydney (for example). What is your opinion about my idea? During that first stage I assume I will work in unskilled work, but it is okay for me.
        Now knowing my profile which of those cities I told you before would you live in?

Thank you for your time, sorry for my write mistakes I thank you for your help.

Andreas
      • By The Pom Queen
        Food     Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district AU$16   Combo meal in fast food restaurant (Big Mac Meal or similar) AU$11   500 gr (1 lb.) of boneless chicken breast AU$5.80   1 liter (1 qt.) of whole fat milk AU$1.24   12 eggs, large AU$5.82   1 kg (2 lb.) of tomatoes AU$4.43   500 gr (16 oz.) of local cheese AU$8   1 kg (2 lb.) of apples AU$4.45   1 kg (2 lb.) of potatoes AU$3.31   0.5 l (16 oz) domestic beer in the supermarket AU$5.41   1 bottle of red table wine, good quality AU$18   2 liters of Coca-Cola AU$3.28   Bread for 2 people for 1 day AU$2.23 Housing     Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 Sqft) furnished accommodation in EXPENSIVE area AU$2,925   Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 Sqft) furnished accommodation in NORMAL area AU$2,180   Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas ...) for 2 people in 85m2 flat AU$307   Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 Sqft) furnished studio in EXPENSIVE area AU$2,257   Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 Sqft) furnished studio in NORMAL area AU$1,921   Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas ...) for 1 person in 45 m2 (480 Sqft) studio AU$620   Internet 8 Mbps (1 month) AU$46   40” flat screen TV AU$665   Microwave 800/900 Watt (Bosch, Panasonic, LG, Sharp, or equivalent brands) AU$226   Laundry detergent (3 l. ~ 100 oz.) AU$14   Hourly rate for cleaning help AU$27 Clothes     1 pair of jeans (Levis 501 or similar) AU$103   1 summer dress in a High Street Store (Zara, H&M or similar retailers) AU$68   1 pair of sport shoes (Nike, Adidas, or equivalent brands) AU$135   1 pair of men’s leather business shoes AU$151 Transportation     Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI 150 CV (or equivalent), with no extras, new AU$27,280   1 liter (1/4 gallon) of gas AU$1.25   Monthly ticket public transport AU$126   Taxi trip on a business day, basic tariff, 8 km. (5 miles) AU$21 Personal Care     Cold medicine for 6 days (Tylenol, Frenadol, Coldrex, or equivalent brands) AU$10   1 box of antibiotics (12 doses) AU$21   Short visit to private Doctor (15 minutes) AU$68   1 box of 32 tampons (Tampax, OB, ...) AU$7   Deodorant, roll-on (50ml ~ 1.5 oz.) AU$5.01   Hair shampoo 2-in-1 (400 ml ~ 12 oz.) AU$6   4 rolls of toilet paper AU$2.95   Tube of toothpaste AU$3.93   Standard men's haircut in expat area of the city AU$29 Entertainment     Basic dinner out for two in neighborhood pub AU$60   2 tickets to the movies AU$36   2 tickets to the theater (best available seats) AU$185   Dinner for two at an Italian restaurant in the expat area including appetisers, main course, wine and dessert AU$114   1 cocktail drink in downtown club AU$18   Cappuccino in expat area of the city AU$5.02   1 beer in neighbourhood pub (500ml or 1pt.)  AU$10   iPad Air 2, 64GB AU$751   1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) AU$0.35   1 month of gym membership in business district AU$69   1 package of Marlboro cigarettes AU$26