?july 2013

Guest lulum1986

Guest lulum1986

Hi :)

im planning on going to oz July. Just wondering if anyone has any tips. Don't even know where to begin. I'm going to work as a nurse so I know about the reg, and visa etc. it's just when I get there? Thanks

http://www.travellers.com.au/

They have offices in Sydney that you can just drop in to.

Or if you want to do something slightly more structured

http://bunac.org/uk/workaustralia/

This is what I did, went on a group flight - had a stop over in Thailand for a few days, and were all together in Sydney at a hostel for a few nights, there were 14 of us, 6 of us went on the rent a house together in Sydney at Coogee Beach.

Im glad I did it though BUANC, but would have managed on my own, BUNAC also had offices in Sydeny, that you could leave luggage and get mail forwarded on. Similar to TCP.

Guest lulum1986

Sorry to sound stupid but what's BUANC mean? Lol. And TCP? Prob be so obv when you say? Lol. So the group flight u went on, did you know the people?

No - didnt know the people - we all meet at the airport. But we all became friends, as were all traveling alone, and made it a bit less scary that we were with other people, and got picked up from airport, had a few tours when we arrived.

After being with some of them for about 5 months - I went off and did my own thing, met up with a few of them along the way. If you are planning on doing alot of traveling, going alone you will meet loads of people. If you are wanting to work in a City for a while it can be a bit more difficult.

I had traveled a little bit before I went on my WHV, but was still worried about going myself.

TCP - travellers contact point - from first link

BUNAC - see link