Hostels - Sydney City/ North Sydney/ St Leonards / Crows Nest

Apimentel204

Looking through hostels. I'm a little overwhelmed. Any reccomendations? I'm a lone traveller, my girlfriend lives in Eastwood, Sydney. So I'd rather not be too far from her. But want to be where the action is. North Sydney, St Leonards, Crows Nest hostel's seem hard to come by (which would be better for travel to eastwood) looking for around $30 a night.

Edited by Apimentel204

I just did a bit of research on public transport from Sydney to Eastwood and I think you would be better off staying in a hostel close to Central Station. Eastwood has a railway station and, more importantly, the fast trains to Central Coast/Newcastle stop there too, so you have a choice of train services. The fast service takes about 23 mins, longer on the slow, all stops service, of course. I think that even if you did find a hostel in North Sydney area, the trip would take longer as the trains go via the city and Strathfield - fast service starts at Central. There's probably a bus service from the city and/or from Chatswood to Epping.

There are plenty of hostels around Central Station, two YHA ones and numerous private ones. I stayed at the YHA on the corner of Rawson Place & Pitt St just over the road from the Eddy Ave entrance to Central. Then there's Bounce hostel on Chalmers St, just a few metres walk from the entrance to Central there.