medicals for 457

norah9

trying to get to oz for the start of the school year. The process with registration for aphra 9for my husbands job0 has been a long frustrating process. we are nearly there (he is going to sydney for a peschi interview to speed things up0. Anyway, i know that normally people going on a 457 from a low risk country dont usually need a medical but because he is going to work in a hospital he will be required a full medical and chest x-ray. We have been told the older children will need the same and the under 11 year olds will only need a chest x-ray. Anyone know whats involved in the medicals. Everything has taken so long and we want to speed things up. has anyone done the medicals before DIAc asked for them? I believe its called front loading medicals. The clinic that does the tests said DIAC dont like people front loading medicals but we really want our eldest son to be able to start year 11 when at the start of the school year.

I am a nurse on a 457 and I have my family on the visa, OH 3 children, 17, 14 & 9. I was the only one that required the medical which consists of blood tests for hep A & B and HIV, urine sample, eye sight, height and weight, chest x ray, the medical examination from Dr. Hope that helps :)

Archived