Agencies?!

Guest saraandandy

Guest saraandandy

Myself and hubby have decided we would like to emigrate to Oz. Have started looking at various things and have decided that the best option for us would probably be Skilled Australian Sponsored as we have family in Melbourne. V. excited :D

However only just found out that the agency we registered with would like just over a grand striaght up, and another payment of the same in a couple of months time :shock: is this standard? Are they all going to be the same as it does seem like an awful lot of money (we are on a tight buget!)

Is it worth it going with an agency, or has anyone done it on their own? It looks like theres an absolute mountain of information to wade through and it all looks quite confusing at this stage, and I do feel like we need some help. :?

Any advice?!?

Guest bethandneil

hello

hmmmmmmmmmmm tricky one!!

we are using an agent because we were very put off by the amount of paper work, our agent is fab (Overseas Emmigration) yes we had to pay £775 and then 6 installments of £193, plus dimi fees £800 and then meds and police checks, not cheap!!! do look round on here for bad agents they are flagged up every so often, you could try doing a poll or something.

Beth :D

Guest scoop

Hi Sara & Andy

Sounds about right , who are you with? I'm with ASA and I had to pay up front, I took the option of paying in two installments. Spent about £2500 so far. Trying to get £400 together for meds at mo!

Trying not to think of move as have three dogs to transport!!

Good luck with your plans hun

SCoop

x

Guest daisydeeds

When we went through OE http://www.overseasemigration.co.uk they had the option of going on a payment plan over a short or long term period. If I were you I would give them a wee phone and see what they can arrange for you.

If you are going Skilled Sponsored you ll need a bond too near the end.

There is a lot of outlay, but phone around the different migration agencies and you ll be able to choose the best deal for you.

Good luck!

Daisydeeds.

Guest Hayley

Hi Sara and Andy,

We went through an agency. There fees were 1500.00 We had to give 750 up front then the rest once we had our tra back and sent off the visa app.

Hayley

Guest THE JONEZYS

HI SARA & ANDY,

WE ALSO USED OE AND THEY LET US SPREAD THE COST OVER 9 MONTHS WHEN WE EXPLAINED THAT WE WERE ON A TIGHT BUDGET. THEY HAVE BEEN PRETTY HELPFULL. EVEN WITH AN AGENTS HELP THE PAPER WORK IS STILL HARD GOING AND WE HAVE HAD SOME ALMIGHTY ROWS :x GETTING IT DONE BUT WE BOTH KNOW THAT IN THE END IT WILL BE WORTH EVERY PENNY AND EVERY CROSS WORD.

GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL :wink:

LESLEY

Guest Adrian

The paperwork is really not difficult if you can speak and read english.

Its really no more complicated than an application form.

We emigrated without an agent and had no problems, saved a heap of cash. However , you do seem to wait longer for the visa going independently. We waited 11 months for a skilled migrant visa but if time is not a problem then who cares. It took about 6 months getting all the bits together for the application (and the the 11 month wait for the visa)

Adrian

Guest saraandandy

Thanks guys for all your replies!

It's all a bit overwhelming at the moment knowing where to start with it all! We will get there in the end!

Guest jordan

We are using Concept Australia (Manchester ltd). We paid them in 3 stages total cost of about £1400. But we didn't give them any money untill we had our first appointment with them to run through the process of the TRA and DIMIA. Would highly recomend them.

http://www.conceptaustralia.co.uk/index.asp?upid=1&msid=0&pn=Home

List of fees on the web site.

Stacey xx

We also used Concept Australia (Manchester) as did my brother and his family. Would well recommend them and personally think its worth the money. They know exactly where to put the crosses and ticks. It does take away the stress. :? They always proved helpful to us especially when all our medicals, police checks went missing in the post en-route to the immigration, they did their best in relocating them. Thankfully we managed to track them all down just before we were about to redo medicals. They do send everything by registered post now, so no worries.

Cheers Pozzy :lol:

Guest Gollywobbler
Myself and hubby have decided we would like to emigrate to Oz. Have started looking at various things and have decided that the best option for us would probably be Skilled Australian Sponsored as we have family in Melbourne. V. excited :D

However only just found out that the agency we registered with would like just over a grand striaght up, and another payment of the same in a couple of months time :shock: is this standard? Are they all going to be the same as it does seem like an awful lot of money (we are on a tight buget!)

Is it worth it going with an agency, or has anyone done it on their own? It looks like theres an absolute mountain of information to wade through and it all looks quite confusing at this stage, and I do feel like we need some help. :?

Any advice?!?

Hi there

Since you have relations in Melbourne and it sounds as if you might move to Melbourne , I'd suggest Tony Kidd at:

http://www.mygreatconsultants.com.au/

Tony is a solicitor as well as a Migration Agent. However, I think you would find his price very competitive compared to some of the Agents in the UK. The strength of sterling against the Oz dollar would work in your favour.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Wannabeanaussie

We signed up with an agent and found we could have done it ourselves really. With forums such as this any questions are answered anyway. If you feel happy with the forms - see http://www.immi.gov.au for the ones required go for it yourself!

Guest Mark'n'Ju

We used Concept Australia aswell. Can't give them enough praise.

Well worth the money and stress relief.And are allways there to talk to.

Guest Gollywobbler
We signed up with an agent and found we could have done it ourselves really. With forums such as this any questions are answered anyway. If you feel happy with the forms - see http://www.immi.gov.au for the ones required go for it yourself!

Hi Wannabe

I don't disagree. I think that if people can spare the time to wade through the DIMA website in minute detail, DIY ought to work. I am doing DIY on behalf of my mother and we have not had any problems so far.

However, others prefer to use an Agent to take the strain for them. My personal opinion about parasites is therefore irrelevant! The only thing I would say is, "Choose a Competent Agent (because I've come across several who aren't) and insist on the Red Carpet in return for the dosh."

Cheers

Gill

Archived