309 spouse visa, the wait is agony

Donnab03

Guest GeorgeD

HI Donnab03, welcome to PIO!

Yes, the wait is a nightmare. Most people start to hallucinate and wake up with cold sweats at night worrying that it won't be approved...and then as if by magic, the email comes in, you get your visa and it all seems so simple. A load of us have been exactly where you are right now, so hang on in there, and I'm sure it will all come good.

Hi Donna03

i have been in Australia for a week and am waiting for my fiancé to join me who I am sponsoring, we had an email on 9/10/12 from CO confirming she had our application she needed a bit more info and could OH attend medical which he did on 5/10/12 so now just waiting, I am 6 months pregnant so OH has applied for VV so we can be together for the birth and support me and little one, then he will go back to the uk and wait for 309 visa, I miss him so much we were told it would take around 5/6 months but reading lots of entries this forum( which I think is fab) it's looks more like 8/9 months, OH l has job in uk so can't stay for long on vv 6 weeks max, it's not ideal but I had to honour my visa before 9/12/12 so had to come without him. Thank goodness for Skype

i applied at the same time as you Donbab03 just a couple of days before. the wait hasn't seemed too ad until now. we are at the 5 month mark and even though i know it's closer to 6 months now each day seems to last forever. we are not seperated so maybe thats helped but really feeling in limbo at the mo.