Applied for the citizenship today.. but

Guest Tim

Been here over two years now and thought it was about time we applied for citizenship... Now I knew we had to do the test, which should be fine so I thought I would phone up the number given to book us in to sit it. Anyway phone up the call centre, asked where I was, said I was in Perth and then he went onto say "ah we have a bit of a backlog in Perth at the moment". I though Ok - I don't mind waiting a few weeks to get the appointment so I said that will be Ok.

As it happened the bloke said "well the next available appointment we can offer you is the 19th June!!!!'. I almost died.. I had great ideas that you sit the test in the next few weeks, pay the $250 and then in a few months later, have the ceremony and get accepted as good pommy Aussies.. None of this wait - six months for an available date malarky before even starting the whole process!

Anyway I suppose it is WA (Wait A while), - winge over I will just have to wait the six months then! :wideeyed::sad::wacko::no:

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Tim

Wow thats a long time to wait:arghh: As I was reading down your post I was thinking well it is WA (wait awhile) Its so true they aint in a hurry to do anything.

Janette

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tim

It is good news that you have started the ball rolling anyway.

Please see this link:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/25139-citizenship-test.html

I'm not sure if this is the same practice test site that Alan Collett found last year. I am pretty sure that he started a thread on BE with the one he had found.

Good luck

Gill

Guest maxxangel

Gosh, that is a bit of a wait isn't it? Perth must be popular for expats. Maybe the backlog will slow once the 2 year wait people have run out and it goes on to the 4 year wait (if that makes any sense).

Still, gives you plenty of time to swat up for the test. Good luck when the time comes!

Cara

Guest Curlysoo

Good Luck with the Citizenship Test :yes:

John's dad Toivo emigrated to Oz in 1958 from Finland, he went with his adoptive parents (who were also his aunt and uncle, are you keeping up?), last summer there was talk of him coming over to England to visit us, only hampered by the fact he had never left Oz since arriving and had never had a passport in his own right ... so to get one he had to become a citizen ... so 49 years after arriving in Oz he took his oath on Australia Day 26th Jan last year! So he has been an official ozzy for nearly 12 months now!

He didnt make it over here though, he got poorly and we went to see him again instead. :yes:

Guest Pingpongpom

Whoa!..that is a time to wait..still good things come to those who wait..patiently..very patiently:daydreaming:..

Pingpong:cute:or Tess

Archived