Could my Finance job be classed as skilled?

Shayman

Hi

My ambition in life is to move to Australia (having lived a year there previously) and I would like to get their ASAP. I am 24 years old, have an Economics degree from a top UK university and am mid way through becoming a chartered accountant...but am also aware that in order to pass a skills assessment by nominating myself as an Accountant I would have to be fully qualified and have worked 12 months past this being point, so I'd be looking at least 2.5-3 years wait just before being assessed.

If at all possible, I'd like to submit a skills assessment request sooner than this, and ideally would have a visa application pending at the same time as I am finishing off my exams.

I was wondering, therefore, if my role as a Profitability Analyst for a large Utility Company (a job which I have held for 2 years so far) could be classed as a skilled job under one of the other SOL headings? The position itself is highly numerate, complicated and requires advanced IT skills to perform to a good standard.

In short, as I would prefer not to have to have completed all of my accounting exams prior to lodging a visa application, does anyone think I could have success in passing a skills assessment based on my profitability role, under another job title on the SOL list...

Any responses appreciated!!

and have worked 12 months past this being point ???

Not required.

Whether you current role would qualify you depends on the duties you perform, not your job title.

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment?

Archived