Minimum time to enter in Aus after a Visa is granted

Guest ranjitsingh

Guest ranjitsingh

Hello,

I have applied for VISA sub class 190 after getting the State Sponsership. I am applying for this visa outside of Australia and I read it that for Visa holders outside of Australia the department provides a date by which the holder has to enter Australia. Now I am not sure how long (in months or days) this date is after a Visa has been granted. Also I have included 2 of my dependents in the application and do they also have to enter the country before that date.

Please help.

Thanks.

Ranjit

I think...and i could be wrong, but i think the entry date is 1 year from your police checks or from when you had your medicals done, whichever is earliest.....

So if you had your police checks done November 2012 and your medicals done December 2012, entry date i think would be November 2013.

I'm waiting on someone to correct me here though....

Guest jaycris

I think it depends... mine is less than a year (both medicals and police checks)

had medicals last July... Police checks were around June and July as well... need to enter by March.

It is up to the CO, but usually 1 year after the first of either your (or your dependants) medicals or police clearances.

So if you had done Meds in June, PCCs in July and one of your dependants did their Meds in April 2012 - it is likely to be April 2013.

In answer to the other query, yes all visa holders including your dependants must enter Australia before that date in order to validate the visa.

Tee