186 & 187 visa

Guest Redroyb

Guest Redroyb

Hi..

am not really able to apply for a 190 visa as I dont quite reach the 20 hrs a week requirement without a 'slight of hand' approach, which I,m too nervous to do. The 20 hrs requirement seems immovable, as a former part time lecturer below to 20 hrs I seem to have a brick wall on the 190.

soooo Enter VISA 186 ( Employer Nomination Scheme) & 187 visa ( Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme)

now..sorry to be dense, quick question..if I apply for both, do I have to pay double? AU$3060 each.

I,m gonna sign up to Australian job agencies also, see if I can get a job offer, then see if that helps my case. But I 'think' prospective employers search the SKILLS SELECT data base?? Is that right??

My mind boggles

Can any one suggest something?

You can't apply for a 186 without already being employed, so having a job would be essential to your case for this visa. Roughly speaking, how this one works is that an employer needs to be nomination approved by the DIAC first, then you get nominated, then you can apply for the visa.

The skills select data base relates to other types of visas, ones I am not too aware of the ins and outs of.

You'll find all the requirements for the 186 on this link, but basically, no job currently means no 186 visa...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/158703-skillselect-ens-186-timeline.html

Guest Redroyb
You can't apply for a 186 without already being employed, so having a job would be essential to your case for this visa. Roughly speaking, how this one works is that an employer needs to be nomination approved by the DIAC first, then you get nominated, then you can apply for the visa.

The skills select data base relates to other types of visas, ones I am not too aware of the ins and outs of.

You'll find all the requirements for the 186 on this link, but basically, no job currently means no 186 visa...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/158703-skillselect-ens-186-timeline.html

Oh, so, hmm. Could i just like get my job first, like on a tourist visa, and then apply for the 186 once i,m working?? Is that how it works?

The most common route is to get a job on a 457 visa, then once working for the company for a little while they agree to sponsor you for PR. The only tourist visa you could work on is a WHV, which you need to be under 31 years of age. Even then a company is unlikely to sponsor you for PR without giving you a good trial first, most people seem to be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years for that... A 186 cannot just be applied for, it has to be initiated by your employer, the same as a 457 temp visa.

No quick way to PR I'm afraid! it does seem like the 186/7 route is not one you can do right now though.

Guest Redroyb

Ticked pink, thanku so much for this. Can I badger you for1 final query.I,m looking to fly over and search for work at ground level. Do I need the 467 visa before I enter n begin looking for work? Or do I go in on a tourist visa first. Secure a job, then apply for 457? If I can secure a 457 visa..at some point..can I bring mychildren over? What do u think?the 457 application before I enter or go in on a tourist visa?

Many thanks

Red

You cannot get a 457 without a job! the employer has to nominate you first, you cannot just apply. Have you read anything about the visas on the immi website? this is all clearly stated in each of the visas.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

For several of the tourist visas it would be breeching visa conditions to look for work, go to interviews etc, as you would not be a genuine tourist. If you get stopped by immigration and found your visit was not for genuine tourist purposes you risk deportation and a three year ban.

I think you need to look into this a whole lot more than you have, and seek proper advice if you are still unsure of routes open to you. Also, depending on what your job is, it's not at all easy to just pick up work. For starters it must be on the CSOL to even qualify for sponsorship, so you can't just gt any old job to get by.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

This link should help.

Archived